Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This Kroenke hunting thing is repugnant, but there is some pretty empty moral

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Actually, I don't even pirate the games anymore - such is my apathy.
    I have an account with permanent access to Sky Sports.

Cricket, b. I barely watch the football anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    No, I don't need reasons to justify it to myself. I am perfectly fine with continued support of a football team. I am not going to stop simply because the current custodian of the club has a few dodgy business interests.

My couple of hundred every year is not funding anything relative to the animal slaughter.
    A couple of hundred from you, a couple of hundred from your mate. It adds up.

Even if it were a fiver, it tacitly condones the slaughter of animals, which you profess to be disgusted by.

Cocking a deaf 'un isn't going to cut it. You have blood on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    There is an easy answer to this. Tell them that Tesco are against animal testing and none of their products are tested on animals.

Tesco. Even Tesco feel more strongly about this than you do. Now shut the **** up.

Withdrawing your custom is the only input you have as a customer. Its also the only one you deserve.
    Yes. People are terribly happy to point the finger at big, bad corporations while never apparently grasping their personal role in sustaining, supporting and - tacitly - endorsing those corporations and their actions.

It's basically a consequence of a heightened awareness of and sensitivity to all the bad things in the world, but at the same time a refusal to accept one's personal responsibility for those bad things because it would be inconvenient to do so.

I have an account with permanent access to Sky Sports.

Cricket, b. I barely watch the football anymore.
    Actually, I think my latest phone contract gives me access to Sky Sports mobile, so I may watch a few more things on the old iPad.

Yes. People are terribly happy to point the finger at big, bad corporations while never apparently grasping their personal role in sustaining, supporting and - tacitly - endorsing those corporations and their actions.

It's basically a consequence of a heightened awareness of and sensitivity to all the bad things in the world, but at the same time a refusal to accept one's personal responsibility for those bad things because it would be inconvenient to do so.
    Well it is easier to play the victim.

It isn’t fair that the man that owns my club also endorses animal slaughter because now I have to make a choice between what I want to do and what I know I should do. Why should I be put in such a position?

Its alright for the animals, they are dead. What about me??? I shouldn’t have to alter my habits, spending, behaviours just because some evil corporation doesn’t share my views on everything. How dare they do this to ME!!!!!

Actually, I think my latest phone contract gives me access to Sky Sports mobile, so I may watch a few more things on the old iPad.
    That is a corporate partnership with mutual benefits. So in a way…….

A couple of hundred from you, a couple of hundred from your mate. It adds up.

Even if it were a fiver, it tacitly condones the slaughter of animals, which you profess to be disgusted by.

Cocking a deaf 'un isn't going to cut it. You have blood on your hands.
    You big fúcking eejit

That is a corporate partnership with mutual benefits. So in a way…….
    Jesus, I feel like I've just walked into a debate on ethics between a bunch of not particularly bright 16-year-olds.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Jesus, I feel like I've just walked into a debate on ethics between a bunch of not particularly bright 16-year-olds.
    well, feel free to join in then, m
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    well, feel free to join in then, m
    No thanks, you're all being well gay