Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: This Kroenke hunting thing is repugnant, but there is some pretty empty moral

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Classic retard Rich. The only members of the board who has significant share holdings in the club are Stan (67%) So is Stan pissed off with himself? Otherwise, who is going to sell up to Usmanov and what difference do you think it would make?
    I'm not sure, but I don't think r knows how the whole Ownership / Board of Directors thing works, la
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Well everyone draws their own line in the sand and castigates anyone else crossing it.

My own lovely wife considers herself a custodian of the fragile planet and berates all who squander resources but will happily sit in the living room with five different lights on. The correct 'ambience' is apparently more important than averting the impending climate catastrophe.
    There's nothing like eco-politics to bring out the worst in middle-class hypocrisy and virtue signalling. An email came round at work about sustainability and there were a series of questions about one's attitude to climate issues but very little about one's actual energy consumption. The nearest it came was a question about whether one might take public transport, such as a 'bus' from time-to-time instead of driving one's car.

I discussed this with a colleague who defended it, saying it is more important to berate other people than to perhaps stop taking a dozen personal flights a year as we can do little as individuals, but we can potentially influence many other people to make savings. So don't save, preach!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Quite. It's a simple moral question. Consider the legions of lowlife Chelsea supporters who continued to buy seasont tickets at Stamford Bridge despite the club being owned by a gangster drenched in blood money; we quite rightly condemned them as morally bankrupt scum.

I can't see that there is a decision to be made. Clearly any decent human being is going to withdraw all support until such a time as Kroenke moves on.
    We need to wait for Arsene Wenger's verdict, I think. Not to mention the views of the minimum wage chaps who flip hamburgers at the ground on matchdays. Cesc Fabregas' too, maybe.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    There's nothing like eco-politics to bring out the worst in middle-class hypocrisy and virtue signalling. An email came round at work about sustainability and there were a series of questions about one's attitude to climate issues but very little about one's actual energy consumption. The nearest it came was a question about whether one might take public transport, such as a 'bus' from time-to-time instead of driving one's car.

I discussed this with a colleague who defended it, saying it is more important to berate other people than to perhaps stop taking a dozen personal flights a year as we can do little as individuals, but we can potentially influence many other people to make savings. So don't save, preach!
    Out on the road today, I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."