Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't he just buy a decent centre half?

Can't he just buy a decent centre half?

Why persist with Elneny, Maitland Niles and Kolsaianec in the back 3

Thought Per was just a one off performance if the cup final and not to be relied upon for 38 games.

Can't just keep it simple...has to always try and be fkin clever about. You can't do that for some positions

Fkin Elneny

Just because there are two other centre halves doesn't mean you can take the p iss

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Why persist with Elneny, Maitland Niles and Kolsaianec in the back 3

Thought Per was just a one off performance if the cup final and not to be relied upon for 38 games.

Can't just keep it simple...has to always try and be fkin clever about. You can't do that for some positions

Fkin Elneny

Just because there are two other centre halves doesn't mean you can take the p iss
    I doubt Elneny will ever play there in a real game.

"Real game". What is the point of these games if not to give players who won't get many chances to see if they can fit in the team and do something? Chambers? Holding maybe?

Instead we play Elneny, who is on his way out, out of position and we play guys like Ospina (instead of Emiliano) who hasn't gone because he can't get an offer. What on earth is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    "Real game". What is the point of these games if not to give players who won't get many chances to see if they can fit in the team and do something? Chambers? Holding maybe?

Instead we play Elneny, who is on his way out, out of position and we play guys like Ospina (instead of Emiliano) who hasn't gone because he can't get an offer. What on earth is the point?
    Fitness, obviously, you spastic

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Jew know why the Irishers hate jew?

I can't work it out.

Who gives a flying f uck about the fitness of a player you are shipping out

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    ahead of a player who is staying? Do you know anything at all about football?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    ahead of a player who is staying? Do you know anything at all about football?
    Perhaps Elneny is not on his way out. Who knows. Funny old game etc.

In general, and I mean no disrespect, working yourself into a state of anger regarding the tactical nuances of team selections within the Emirates Cup reflects poorly on you, not Wenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Jew know why the Irishers hate jew?

I can't work it out.
    All he said was that the joos are good at taking care of their financial interests.

Oh, and there was the holocaust denial, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    All he said was that the joos are good at taking care of their financial interests.

Oh, and there was the holocaust denial, of course.
    Yes, the minor issue of the Holocaust denial...

It's not just the Emirates...it's been the entire team pre season.

Would have like a bit more commitment to the back 3 after it served it so well in the last few games last season.

Not having a recognised defence for the first game last season came back to haunt us and I hope we're not doing it again