Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
Harsh imo. He's had some spells of exceptional play defensively and has loads of potential going forward, he's only young after all.

What is more interesting is the four man midfield, I think. I'm assuming Sead will play left wing back (he looked very good there in what I saw of the games at the weekend) and Ox will play right wing back (ahead of Hector) with Ramsey and Xhaka in the middle.

Call me pessimistic, but does that midfield really strike you as one that can compete with Chelsea and Man City, let alone the bigger clubs in Europe?
Hector's pace will always get him out of trouble but his crossing needs to improve a lot. Gibbs has been the most wasteful crosser of a ball I've ever seen at Arsenal, absolutely dreadful.

Totally agree with you about midfield (I've commented on it on another post), it just isn't good enough to compete with the top clubs anymore. Players like Elneny and Coquelin are average, Ramsey is too inconsistent to ever be a central midfielder, we need to see more from Xhaka...it does not bode well WES