Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: oxlade chamberlain, why don't you do something surprising for once.

oxlade chamberlain, why don't you do something surprising for once.

skying the damn free kick, perfectly on schedule.

I'm not overly impressed by young Hector. It may be a minority view. He does have electric pace but his finishing, first touch and overall defensive work are a bit ordinary at times.

You are not alone 7sisters, he's another Kieran Gibbs - all pace but no end product

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    You are not alone 7sisters, he's another Kieran Gibbs - all pace but no end product
    Harsh imo. He's had some spells of exceptional play defensively and has loads of potential going forward, he's only young after all.

What is more interesting is the four man midfield, I think. I'm assuming Sead will play left wing back (he looked very good there in what I saw of the games at the weekend) and Ox will play right wing back (ahead of Hector) with Ramsey and Xhaka in the middle.

Call me pessimistic, but does that midfield really strike you as one that can compete with Chelsea and Man City, let alone the bigger clubs in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Harsh imo. He's had some spells of exceptional play defensively and has loads of potential going forward, he's only young after all.

What is more interesting is the four man midfield, I think. I'm assuming Sead will play left wing back (he looked very good there in what I saw of the games at the weekend) and Ox will play right wing back (ahead of Hector) with Ramsey and Xhaka in the middle.

Call me pessimistic, but does that midfield really strike you as one that can compete with Chelsea and Man City, let alone the bigger clubs in Europe?
    Agree with that. Not really fussed about Lemar. Another CH or a midfielder looks more of a priority. Of course, if we lose Sanchez or Ozil it's a different ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Agree with that. Not really fussed about Lemar. Another CH or a midfielder looks more of a priority. Of course, if we lose Sanchez or Ozil it's a different ball game.
    Thing is, if Wenger were to get rid of some of the players that have proven an inability to compete at the highest level i.e. Walcott, Giroud, along with the cash in hand he would have a wedge available to sign the sort of midfielder we need.

Mind you, we've been saying this for years and the idea that it was going to change this summer seems silly.

Thing is, if Wenger were to get rid of some of the players that have proven an inability to compete at the highest level i.e. Walcott, Giroud, along with the cash in hand he would have a wedge available to sign the sort of midfielder we need.

Mind you, we've been saying this for years and the idea that it was going to change this summer seems silly.
    I would suggest he has the "wedge available" even if he were to not release the many players we could both identify.

He appears to lack the will, not the money.

Hector's pace will always get him out of trouble but his crossing needs to improve a lot. Gibbs has been the most wasteful crosser of a ball I've ever seen at Arsenal, absolutely dreadful.

Totally agree with you about midfield (I've commented on it on another post), it just isn't good enough to compete with the top clubs anymore. Players like Elneny and Coquelin are average, Ramsey is too inconsistent to ever be a central midfielder, we need to see more from Xhaka...it does not bode well WES

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Looks like we are keeping them both but will lose them both for free next summer. Oh well.