Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: MK Dons or AFC Wimbledon

MK Dons or AFC Wimbledon

I almost came to blows in a business meeting yesterday by declaring my preference for Mk Dons over AFC Wimbledon. Am I alone in remebering exactly what 'The Crazy Gang' were like? Or is it misty eyed rose tinted glasses all round?

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    I almost came to blows in a business meeting yesterday by declaring my preference for Mk Dons over AFC Wimbledon. Am I alone in remebering exactly what 'The Crazy Gang' were like? Or is it misty eyed rose tinted glasses all round?

Team were horrible (but 88 cup final was great) but I have a few friends who are fans and definitely on AFC side. ****ty thing to do to the club. Also first Arsenal game was v Wimbledon and one of my favourite away days (5-1 at Plough Lane, first game of the 1988-89 season, glorious sunshine, Smudger on fire, Bouldie's debut, Keeper letting a daisy cutter through his hands and getting no end of **** for it from our very packed stands). Wouldn't have seen it at MK

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post

Why would an Arsenal fan have a strong preference over one or another? In football terms AFC Wimbledon are a proper football team whereas MK Dons was a cynical exercise after (amongst other places) Dublin had been vetoed by the FA as a new home for Wimbledon. It was an attempt to start the kind of football franchise that Wor Stan no doubt approves of but which has no place in English football.

It's great that Milton Keynes has a league team but they should have gone up the ranks not been put on a fast track.