Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F1 Stuff.....

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    How many have met in real life? You do realise there is a difference between what a person might be like in front of a camera and how they are away from it. For instance, I've seen you constantly slate Murray for being dour, but having met him a couple of times and having friends who know him well, he actually has quite a funny dry sense of humour and is very nice bloke
    Isn't this real life? Is this just fantasy
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Isn't this real life? Is this just fantasy
    Now stop it, we did all the shy jokes recently.. you can't now start sticking in Queen songs
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

How many have met in real life? You do realise there is a difference between what a person might be like in front of a camera and how they are away from it. For instance, I've seen you constantly slate Murray for being dour, but having met him a couple of times and having friends who know him well, he actually has quite a funny dry sense of humour and is very nice bloke
    When did you meet him?

Why of course. Things are often not what they appear, however, this site is littered with disparaging statements aimed at individuals we know very little about. Piss taking rarely holds up to close scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Now stop it, we did all the shy jokes recently.. you can't now start sticking in Queen songs
    He wants it all

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    but it's a kind of magic, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    When did you meet him?
    A couple of times back on my sports desks days - gatecrashed tennis functions. Only really briefly but since when has that stopped awimb namedropping

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Why of course. Things are often not what they appear, however, this site is littered with disparaging statements aimed at individuals we know very little about. Piss taking rarely holds up to close scrutiny.
    Hence why I greatly exaggerated a couple of five minute conversations to emphasise a point (bit about friends knowing him is true.

My favourite sports star to meet was Barry Sheen - he was a great guy and very funny

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    TBF, They're all about as charismatic as the top male tennis players...F1 is choc full of them. Hill, Mansell, Stewart, Hamilton, Senna, all as dull as ditch water.
    Senna? Get to **** dude!
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'