Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apparently a third bid now turned down for this Lemar bloke ?

Apparently a third bid now turned down for this Lemar bloke ?

I don't really get this stuff, surely you get a rough idea what the selling club wants after the first punt.

9.20am:*Arsenal have had a third bid for Thomas Lemar turned down by Monaco.
    The offer was worth €50m (£44.7m) but the French side are standing firm in holding out for more money from the Gunners.
    L’Equipe say a deal could still be on the cards though for the 21-year-old who is believed to be the top target of Arsene Wenger.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I don't really get this stuff, surely you get a rough idea what the selling club wants after the first punt.

9.20am:*Arsenal have had a third bid for Thomas Lemar turned down by Monaco.
    The offer was worth €50m (£44.7m) but the French side are standing firm in holding out for more money from the Gunners.
    L’Equipe say a deal could still be on the cards though for the 21-year-old who is believed to be the top target of Arsene Wenger.
    It's all about the details, I think. Or perhaps he's just too shy
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's all about the details, I think. Or perhaps he's just too shy
    Indeed. But it's the sort of detail that evaded thon other two Monaco chappies on their way to City and Chelsea.

Indeed. But it's the sort of detail that evaded thon other two Monaco chappies on their way to City and Chelsea.
    I don't think we want to be like them, do we
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I don't think we want to be like them, do we
    Au contraire they are exactly what we want to be like.

At some point in whatever negotiations have taken place Dicky Law must surely have leaned across the table and asked the frog dude to give it to him straight, how much do they want. This silly *******s incremental bidding is ridiculous. Find out what they want and pay it if you can afford it, if not move on taking care to avoid passing Mahrezes.

Then flog the Chilean and turn a sweet profit.

If you mean Silva to City - that seemed to be done quickly. But Mendy to City and Bakayoko to Chelsea were both completed after quite lengthy negotiations. All clubs have these deals Perisic to Man United; Alex Sandro to Chelsea etc etc

I think the groundwork for all these Monaco sales was done between the billionaire owners months ago. At a big yacht party during the Monaco GP. Where was Stan that weekend? Running around Texas shooting at Armadillos.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    I think the groundwork for all these Monaco sales was done between the billionaire owners months ago. At a big yacht party during the Monaco GP. Where was Stan that weekend? Running around Texas shooting at Armadillos.
    That is probably exactly what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    That is probably exactly what happened.
    No, we are obviously too shy, shy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXmwsFc9Jas

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    I think the groundwork for all these Monaco sales was done between the billionaire owners months ago. At a big yacht party during the Monaco GP.
    Probably the most interesting thing to have happened At Monaco that weekend.