Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This was my favourite trasnfer rumour from this morning

This was my favourite trasnfer rumour from this morning

'Former Arsenal and Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant, 34, is set to sign for Billericay Town despite interest from Scottish Premiership side Hibernian.'

That brought back memories of the 3-1 pasting of the Munichs in the CS all those years ago. Jose Antonio ripping them apart, a 17 year old Cesc with an absurd mullet spraying passes all over the place...

Those were the days, we had so much to look forward to then

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    'Former Arsenal and Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant, 34, is set to sign for Billericay Town despite interest from Scottish Premiership side Hibernian.'

That brought back memories of the 3-1 pasting of the Munichs in the CS all those years ago. Jose Antonio ripping them apart, a 17 year old Cesc with an absurd mullet spraying passes all over the place...

Oh, I like JP. Seems a decent lad, and always kept his chin up despite everything.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Oh, I like JP. Seems a decent lad, and always kept his chin up despite everything.
    Trying to remember who were the young players we were drooling over back then. Pennant looked good that day, Reyes and Fabregas, of course. Sure there were others but can't remember them

Also, I think in that game Reyes went on a nice run, then played a ball where Henry didn't want it and we saw the first every Henry to Reyes glare. A sign of things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

One thing Wes - can you stop calling that bunch of horrible Manc ****s after this lovely city. For one thing, you're the only person who still does it. Another it is confusing - I was trying to remember when we beat Bayern 3-1

Pennant scored a hat-trick for us once didn't he? Southampton?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    And won the European Cup with Liverpool? Runner-up, at least?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Yep - same game Pires did. First game of the 49 as well

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    One thing Wes - can you stop calling that bunch of horrible Manc ****s after this lovely city. For one thing, you're the only person who still does it. Another it is confusing - I was trying to remember when we beat Bayern 3-1
    I still can't remember the game he is talking about tbh. Charity Shields largely pass me by.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I still can't remember the game he is talking about tbh. Charity Shields largely pass me by.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAf0Q1u7MOM

The great days

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Alan Smith, David Bellion, Phil Neville, Mike Dean - United legends all.

Just joking - only Dean is a legend for them out of that lot