Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FashWIMB: I have a work leaving do at some abomination of a place this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    My goodness! Why?
    Because I was an old-school, scowly post-punk alternative hipster who was contractually obliged to oppose and resent most mainstream music. Especially happy clappy party music.

Also, it wasn't to my tastes and still isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I'd stay away from Highgate Hill, then. The little patch of green opposite The Flask has been turned into a George Michael shrine.
    Yes, I have seen, and it quite spoils my regular Sunday walk round Fitzroy Park. I was hoping it was temporary at first but it seems to be permanent, and attracting pilgrimages from around the world. If I was still a teenager I'd be tempted to go up there one night and smash it up.

It's not that bad. I too attended a leaving do there a few weeks ago. Admittedly the amount of alcohol consumed probably dulled the senses slightly

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Not just a cocktail bar, which is never my cup of tea, the website with it's auto-playing video resembles a gay strip joint or hen-do place. (warning, not suitable for work if you don't want it to look like you are watching videos of naked men)

http://www.tropicanabeachclub.co.uk/

Of course I don't have to go, but I am friends with the person who is leaving and apparently it is her kind of place, so fair enough but not really for me, Clive. But I have to go as I usually make an effort for leaving dos, though I might bale out after an hour or so. I'm told they do 'two beers for one' which probably means two small bottles of Budweiser for £8.50
    Tropicana Beach Club

Eh, sorry A. You have my utmost sympathy. You know the only path available to you.

I too have a leaving do of sorts tonight (leaving to get married) but I am simply not attending.