Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FashWIMB: I have a work leaving do at some abomination of a place this evening.

FashWIMB: I have a work leaving do at some abomination of a place this evening.

Not just a cocktail bar, which is never my cup of tea, the website with it's auto-playing video resembles a gay strip joint or hen-do place. (warning, not suitable for work if you don't want it to look like you are watching videos of naked men)

http://www.tropicanabeachclub.co.uk/

Of course I don't have to go, but I am friends with the person who is leaving and apparently it is her kind of place, so fair enough but not really for me, Clive. But I have to go as I usually make an effort for leaving dos, though I might bale out after an hour or so. I'm told they do 'two beers for one' which probably means two small bottles of Budweiser for £8.50

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Not just a cocktail bar, which is never my cup of tea, the website with it's auto-playing video resembles a gay strip joint or hen-do place. (warning, not suitable for work if you don't want it to look like you are watching videos of naked men)

Of course I don't have to go, but I am friends with the person who is leaving and apparently it is her kind of place, so fair enough but not really for me, Clive. But I have to go as I usually make an effort for leaving dos, though I might bale out after an hour or so. I'm told they do 'two beers for one' which probably means two small bottles of Budweiser for £8.50
    The answer to your conundrum is, I'm afraid, the obvious one. Neck two or three beers rapidly as soon as you arrive. A whisky chaser would not go amiss, either. In this way, within 30 minutes or so the iitial alcohol rush will convince you that you are having the greatest time evs, and you will engage in animated conversation with some boring numpty and absolutely love it.

An hour later you will feel fully pissed and nauseous BUT, so will everyone else, so you can sneak away.

I'd have thought Club Tropicana drinks are free
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

You poor b*st*rd, the place looks like Love Island in London lol.
    Be careful of the 'two beers for one' offer though as you may end up being the meat in a male strippers sandwich!
    Last edited by Bergkamp Was Best; 07-28-2017 at 10:13 AM.

One is perfectly entitled to select their own venue of choice for such an event, given that it is a personal celebration. However, one must also acknowledge that the 'inclusivity' of the venue will inevitably impact on attendance.

In other words, if you are going to have your leaving do in some kind of poof's parlour you shouldn't be offended if nobody turns up.

Its a ****ing liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergkamp Was Best View Post
    You poor b*st*rd, the place looks like Love Island in London lol.
    Be careful of the 'two beers for one' offer, you'll end up being the meat in a male strippers sandwich!
    Jesus wept.

Maybe just the one beer then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I'd have thought Club Tropicana drinks are free
    And that's another thing. I phucking hate Wham!

My goodness! Why?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Are you taking your swimmers? There seems to be some kind of indoor pool, though maybe it's just a particularly extravagant water feature.

I'd stay away from Highgate Hill, then. The little patch of green opposite The Flask has been turned into a George Michael shrine.