Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Do the bookies know something I don't?

Do the bookies know something I don't?

We are 5th favourites for the title - which is not unusual given we were 5th last season - but in their wisdom the bookies make Manu 3rd favourities and, astonishingly, some of them make them 2nd favourites.

Is the Lukaku effect? For me it's going to be a luk stupid effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    We are 5th favourites for the title - which is not unusual given we were 5th last season - but in their wisdom the bookies make Manu 3rd favourities and, astonishingly, some of them make them 2nd favourites.

Clearly they know how odds work for a start. I am sure they are many other things as well though

It's the Mourinho effect. Rightly or wrongly, his record is going to encourage many to believe in him.

I'm not sure I'm ready to write the malignant **** off just yet, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's the Mourinho effect. Rightly or wrongly, his record is going to encourage many to believe in him.

I'm not sure I'm ready to write the malignant **** off just yet, to be honest.
    This^^^^^^

I believe the above is how people speak on social media, pretty cool.

Taking all into account it is not that fúcking difficult to understand. You may not agree with it of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Clearly they know how odds work for a start. I am sure they are many other things as well though
    I suspect they are just luring loads of Manu thickos to take a cheap punt and make a killing. They may know about odds but Mourinho was there last season, they haven't made a huge number of signings and they have an ageing core in the team. Don't know how anyone can believe they are likelier than Chelsea to win the title.

I suspect they are just luring loads of Manu thickos to take a cheap punt and make a killing. They may know about odds but Mourinho was there last season, they haven't made a huge number of signings and they have an ageing core in the team. Don't know how anyone can believe they are likelier than Chelsea to win the title.
    Luring them by offering ****ter odds?

Oh, you did say thickos actually. Ignore this

Yes - that's why it's best to ignore odds. It's why England are always shorter odds for big tournaments than should be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yes - that's why it's best to ignore odds. It's why England are always shorter odds for big tournaments than should be the case.
    Yep. gpwm gpwm