Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I see Arseblog is looking to go down the patreon route. Shrewd imo.

I see Arseblog is looking to go down the patreon route. Shrewd imo.

There's some youtube reactors who get about $25,000 a month just for uploading videos of them looking shocked and surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    There's some youtube reactors who get about $25,000 a month just for uploading videos of them looking shocked and surprised.
    Yes, quite.

Now, what exactly are you saying?

saw that...not sure he's going to get many to actually pay for the 'extras' though. I suspect most people just browse it for match reports, transfer gossip and various sundry tittle-tattle.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Yes, quite.

Now, what exactly are you saying?
    Patreon is this thing where you can ask your viewers/readers to "donate" and then you can provide them with extra content. Take the youtube example, there's one youtube channel that opened up patreon and their 180,000 odd subscribers (some, not all) give them $25,000 a month total in donations. This allowed the people running the channel to do it full time and provide a lot more content. In return for being a "patreon" you get content earlier and additional content that non donators don't get. Arseblog is looking to go down this route. Open himself up a patreon and provide additional content for his donators.

Patreon is this thing where you can ask your viewers/readers to "donate" and then you can provide them with extra content. Take the youtube example, there's one youtube channel that opened up patreon and their 180,000 odd subscribers (some, not all) give them $25,000 a month total in donations. This allowed the people running the channel to do it full time and provide a lot more content. In return for being a "patreon" you get content earlier and additional content that non donators don't get. Arseblog is looking to go down this route. Open himself up a patreon and provide additional content for his donators.
    Okay, I am with you.

Good luck to him as I expect it is quite a drain on his time and resources. Personally I would not pay or subscribe to read what he says but I am sure some / many will.