Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hold on, apparently Santi's not dead and may be fit one day!

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well the way I see it is Ramsey plays when fit and Xhaka plays when fit, so when both fit the new €40m sits on his hole on the bench, which if I were (still) a €40m player I would not be happy (unless I had been out the night before which did happen the odd time).

This is why when you go beneath the surface of our midfield duo we are a gaggle of bang average shít**** ****ers like Coquelin and to a lesser extent Elneny who I like but he appears to be on his way out what with us accepting bids for him and all that nonsense.
    Not so convinced that Ramsey is an automatic first choice in midfield. Granted, he often looks the part but invariably turns in one too many anonymous performances thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Not so convinced that Ramsey is an automatic first choice in midfield. Granted, he often looks the part but invariably turns in one too many anonymous performances thereafter.
    Many people share your less than glowing feelings about the Welsh but ultimately we all know that AW loves him and will invariably play him if and when fit. It is on this basis alone that I cannot see AW resigning him to a place on the bench in the light of a new big money arrival.

Well the way I see it is Ramsey plays when fit and Xhaka plays when fit, so when both fit the new €40m sits on his hole on the bench, which if I were (still) a €40m player I would not be happy (unless I had been out the night before which did happen the odd time).

This is why when you go beneath the surface of our midfield duo we are a gaggle of bang average shít**** ****ers like Coquelin and to a lesser extent Elneny who I like but he appears to be on his way out what with us accepting bids for him and all that nonsense.
    Exactly, so we need another first team player to compete. Ramsey will be injured soon so the new lad gets his chance. Xhaka will get some early baths, so likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Exactly, so we need another first team player to compete. Ramsey will be injured soon so the new lad gets his chance. Xhaka will get some early baths, so likewise.
    Wee Jackie innit.

Good lord.

I cannot really see us spending such sums on a player who may have to sit on the bench.
    Ramsey will be sitting on the bench because he's a ********.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Wee Jackie innit.
    More of a Cazorla-type player at his best (eg that Barca game) than our others, perhaps. He can dribble past players, play short, and pick passes from deep. Just nowhere near as fůcking good as Santi, obvioulsy.

Now please form an orderly queue to shoot this theory down.

There's still Jackie Wilshere too, I suppose.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

More of a Cazorla-type player at his best (eg that Barca game) than our others, perhaps. He can dribble past players, play short, and pick passes from deep. Just nowhere near as fůcking good as Santi, obvioulsy.

Now please form an orderly queue to shoot this theory down.
    Good player of course, would appear to have massive fitness problems and question marks around his general attitude.

I suspect he would be gone were there more interest than a handful of dirty *******s from Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Wee Jackie innit.
    Sorry
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."