Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We are the most successful English team of the last four years

We are the most successful English team of the last four years

http://zapsportz.com/dont-overlook-t...-four-seasons/

Have a read and see what you think!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    http://zapsportz.com/dont-overlook-t...-four-seasons/

Have a read and see what you think!!

Well, it seems strange to pick an arbitrary figure to base any argument on, but how fortunate it coincides with an upturn in our FA Cup fortunes. I doubt very much in editorial meetings around various newspapers and other sporting news outlets there would be much shrift giving to any saying, "You know what would make a good piece, 'Who's won the most trophies over the past four seasons?" And the writer also falls into the trap on counting one team's Charity Shields but not the others. Figures wouldn't look so good if you did a "Who's won the most in the past two seasons?" for example

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Well, it seems strange to pick an arbitrary figure to base any argument on, but how fortunate it coincides with an upturn in our FA Cup fortunes. I doubt very much in editorial meetings around various newspapers and other sporting news outlets there would be much shrift giving to any saying, "You know what would make a good piece, 'Who's won the most trophies over the past four seasons?" And the writer also falls into the trap on counting one team's Charity Shields but not the others. Figures wouldn't look so good if you did a "Who's won the most in the past two seasons?" for example
    Anyone who counts the Charity Shield as a trophy should be kicked to death imo.

Also, Im pretty sure every Arsenal fan in the world would swap those FA Cups with Chelseas titles.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

I couldn't give a stuff about Chelsea's titles, to be honest.

Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post

Also, Im pretty sure every Arsenal fan in the world would swap those FA Cups with Chelseas titles.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post

They don't appear to have factored in that International Champions thing we won in China either.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    They don't appear to have factored in that International Champions thing we won in China either.
    #FakeTrophies
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    All timescales are arbitary, but if it's good enough for the IOC, it's good enough for me. who decided that three years was the football TV cycle or that a restraining order would last for five years or that the taxman can chase you for up to seven years etc....

The media seemed perfectly happy to use any time period from 2005 onwards to remind the world how long our trophy drought had been. If in 2011 it was acceptablt to say that Arsenal hadn't won a trophy for six years then I can also choose my timescale. It is the media that are the ****s not me.

All timescales are arbitary, but if it's good enough for the IOC, it's good enough for me. who decided that three years was the football TV cycle or that a restraining order would last for five years or that the taxman can chase you for up to seven years etc....

The media seemed perfectly happy to use any time period from 2005 onwards to remind the world how long our trophy drought had been. If in 2011 it was acceptablt to say that Arsenal hadn't won a trophy for six years then I can also choose my timescale. It is the media that are the ****s not me.
    With all due respect, you are babbling like a lunatic. Despite what you think the "media" - and bear in mind you are talking about a wide range of institutions and people here so, just classifying them as one entity is always rather silly - are not really as biased one way or another as a one-eyed, very sensitive fan. And the fact that you get your knickers in such a twist over the "media" referring to the Tottenham's new stadium as new, puts you in a sensitivity category of Nicosia proportions

And you wonder why this is a dying forum and one that is populated by a small clique of inward looking numbties. What is there now, eight of you left? It's like the island of St Kilda on here.....

And you wonder why this is a dying forum and one that is populated by a small clique of inward looking numbties. What is there now, eight of you left? It's like the island of St Kilda on here.....
    Point of order, I think you'll find we're numpties rather than numbties.

Your jibes do not offend me, the Insider, for I am to make garlic bread.

Garlic. Bread. When did you last eat garlic bread? You want some now, don't you?