Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We are the most successful English team of the last four years

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    And you wonder why this is a dying forum and one that is populated by a small clique of inward looking numbties. What is there now, eight of you left? It's like the island of St Kilda on here.....
    Face it Insider dude, the entire article is fúcking ridiculous starting with the most basic premise that the writer appears to view the Charity Shield as a real trophy, placing the same ‘value’ on a 90 minute glorified pre-season kickabout as winning the 38 game league title.

The arbitrary or otherwise selection of 4 years or whatever as the timespan is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Point of order, I think you'll find we're numpties rather than numbties.

Your jibes do not offend me, the Insider, for I am to make garlic bread.

Garlic. Bread. When did you last eat garlic bread? You want some now, don't you?
    Thanks for the kind offer, but the coals are firing up the tandoor and the naan dough is proofing...so all is good in the bread department chez moi.Fresh Keema mattar paneer to go with it...

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Face it Insider dude, the entire article is fúcking ridiculous starting with the most basic premise that the writer appears to view the Charity Shield as a real trophy, placing the same ‘value’ on a 90 minute glorified pre-season kickabout as winning the 38 game league title.

The arbitrary or otherwise selection of 4 years or whatever as the timespan is irrelevant.
    Missing the point old chap. The article is clearly stating that Spuds and Scousers win **** all and get away with murder in the press whilst we are portrayed as perennial failures...hardy or otherwise. I shoud add that the headline was written by the editor not the writing and not what I would have chosen!

Thanks for the kind offer, but the coals are firing up the tandoor and the naan dough is proofing...so all is good in the bread department chez moi.Fresh Keema mattar paneer to go with it...
    You are clearly a Great Man, ti. Much respect to you.

Missing the point old chap. The article is clearly stating that Spuds and Scousers win **** all and get away with murder in the press whilst we are portrayed as perennial failures...hardy or otherwise. I shoud add that the headline was written by the editor not the writing and not what I would have chosen!
    I will be honest with you, I barely read the body of the article as I suspected it to be a nonsense. Instead I focused on the trophy analysis which ultimately was the basis of the piece.

As for Spurs/Liverpool getting a hard time or otherwise, or indeed us being berated for trophy droughts and the like it all largely washes over me as I am an adult.

Am I to gather that you are the author / journalist?

I will be honest with you, I barely read the body of the article as I suspected it to be a nonsense. Instead I focused on the trophy analysis which ultimately was the basis of the piece.

As for Spurs/Liverpool getting a hard time or otherwise, or indeed us being berated for trophy droughts and the like it all largely washes over me as I am an adult.

Am I to gather that you are the author / journalist?
    A lady never tell...

A lady never tell...
    I will keep my eye on you.

Tread carefully or you could easily end up on a list.

I will keep my eye on you.

Tread carefully or you could easily end up on a list.
    I am already on many lists and directories and registers....some good, some not so!

And you wonder why this is a dying forum and one that is populated by a small clique of inward looking numbties. What is there now, eight of you left? It's like the island of St Kilda on here.....
    It has always been quite aggressive here in some ways, as is the internet in general, of course. Our chums over at SIMB used to like to characterise themselves as the biggest bunch of cùnts on the internet. I think we have tried at least to match them over the years. Many of our unpleasant personas are now being unpleasant on The Twitter and other manifestations of social media instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It has always been quite aggressive here in some ways, as is the internet in general, of course. Our chums over at SIMB used to like to characterise themselves as the biggest bunch of cùnts on the internet. I think we have tried at least to match them over the years. Many of our unpleasant personas are now being unpleasant on The Twitter and other manifestations of social media instead.
    We will need to keep an eye on this fella A. He could be lively.