Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: They can't arbitrarily ban the rumble of the V8, the buzzsaw whine of the straight 6

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I advise the addition of a cheese and onion slice to this order. One may as well do the job properly.
    Does self-loathing not kick in as one addresses the second pastry-clad item, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Does self-loathing not kick in as one addresses the second pastry-clad item, though?
    The self-loathing will be easily defeated by the lure of the dripping grease.

Upon which subject I confess to having just eaten 6 rashers of bacon with bread fried in the grease thereof.

The self-loathing will be easily defeated by the lure of the dripping grease.

Upon which subject I confess to having just eaten 6 rashers of bacon with bread fried in the grease thereof.
    Fried bread. I haven't had fried bread in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    The straight 4, that you seem to disdain, is called by we of the two wheeled persuasion the inline 4 and is the beast at the heart of the legendary Honda Fireblade c. This bike does not rev, it viciously crackles.

Of course when the IC engine first came along blokes started blubbing about steam.
    I owned an aeroplane with a 9 cylinder radial. Now that was quite an engine. 10 litres, supercharged, 420 bhp

Come off Clarke Curve and floor the throttle. Keep it there until you're 100m from the track disappearing away downhill to the right. Back off fractionally, turn in, and aim for the bottom of Paddock Hill Bend, knowing that the car is going 40 mph too fast to get around the bottom curve, because you know that, as the hill bottoms out right on the apex of the bend, the car will sit down on the suspension and, miraculously, physics will apply the grip to keep you on the track. Now straight back on the power up Hailwood until Druids is approaching far, far too quickly...

A track day with an instructor will settle these voyeuristic tendencies, a.
    Sounds good. I've noticed that the single-seaters with wings don't need to use all the curb at the bottom of Paddock Hill with their extra grip. You should buy yourself an old Formula Ford, there are thousands of them knocking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Sounds good. I've noticed that the single-seaters with wings don't need to use all the curb at the bottom of Paddock Hill with their extra grip. You should buy yourself an old Formula Ford, there are thousands of them knocking about.
    My little Caterham suits me perfectly, to be fair. It's never going to go fast enough to be really scary, and at the end of the day I can drive it home.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Fried bread. I haven't had fried bread in decades.
    They call it fried slice these days to try and distract the user from the fact that they are actually eating fried bread.

They call it fried slice these days to try and distract the user from the fact that they are actually eating fried bread.
    Oh God I love fried bread

My little Caterham suits me perfectly, to be fair. It's never going to go fast enough to be really scary, and at the end of the day I can drive it home.
    The last two times I went to Brands for the historics (they call it the Super Prix, I think) there was a row of Sevens parked outside the Kentagon, including the odd old Lotus, and usually one in the McGoohan livery.

And noisy and dirty, of course.
    Just like your mum (bit of a delayed tap-in Ash - had to go and do some work).