Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: They can't arbitrarily ban the rumble of the V8, the buzzsaw whine of the straight 6

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Actually, I found a rather nice 11% Gamay which was very nice drunk chilled during the hotter evenings. A chap virtually sprang out of bed the next morning.

My current weapon of choice is - of all things - a Moldovan Cabernet of a mere 13%.
    Ocado have had a perfectly quaffable Argentinian Malbec on offer at 12% and Ŗ6.95 for months. I have bought rather a lot of it

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    There you are then. Hence the increased importance given to the size of one's engine.

After all, if your cock works properly, who cares about cars. Grrr.
    Which begs the question what you drive, young r?

Instant torque and consequently ridiculous acceleration from a standing start
    brilliant, innit.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Which begs the question what you drive, young r?
    Simply, something roomy enough for a few of my hounds, some young hockey and football players and their kit, a couple of dozen boxes of ammunition (no idea what it's doing there), cases of strong drink and beer, various animal carcasses (lamb, beef and so on), lots of old, muddy boots and other outdoor clothing, sacks of kibble, some firewood and coal plus the unhappy remains of three armchairs I was supposed to dispose of a few weeks ago, and that doesn't need washing. Ever.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Simply, something roomy enough for a few of my hounds, some young hockey and football players and their kit, a couple of dozen boxes of ammunition (no idea what it's doing there), cases of strong drink and beer, various animal carcasses (lamb, beef and so on), lots of old, muddy boots and other outdoor clothing, sacks of kibble, some firewood and coal plus the unhappy remains of three armchairs I was supposed to dispose of a few weeks ago, and that doesn't need washing. Ever.
    Right. And what does this tell us about your penīs? That it is practical and roomy, but unwashed and festooned with decaying animal matter?
    Last edited by Burney; 07-26-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Yes, of course. But it also tells the keen observer,

so to speak, that it has produced many strong, honest sons so the size and weight, or whatever it is, of its torque needs little or no further embellishment with fancy foppery and those silly pop-up wing mirrors and those ridiculous lie-down seats.

Right? And what does this tell us about your penīs? That it is practical and roomy, but unwashed and festooned with decaying animal matter?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The good Lord intended cylinders to be 6, 8 or 12 in number. Thus was it given unto Men to do God's work. Amen.

Electric fúcking cars. Electric fúcking cars! No wonder our youg men are emasculated.
    The straight 4, that you seem to disdain, is called by we of the two wheeled persuasion the inline 4 and is the beast at the heart of the legendary Honda Fireblade c. This bike does not rev, it viciously crackles.

Of course when the IC engine first came along blokes started blubbing about steam.

Right. And what does this tell us about your penīs? That it is practical and roomy, but unwashed and festooned with decaying animal matter?
    This is all not intended as a criticism, or takedown, as the youngsters have it nowadays. Merely an observation that I am not of that sort, that I've never had an interest in fast cars. A family man from the core.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Of course when the IC engine first came along blokes started blubbing about steam.
    Steam was marvellous, though. An elegant, romantic ballet of technology. And noisy and dirty, of course.

This is all not intended as a criticism, or takedown, as the youngsters have it nowadays. Merely an observation that I am not of that sort, that I've never had an interest in fast cars. A family man from the core.
    Nor me. Sir C has long since despaired of pique my interest in them. I think it's because I came to cars fairly late in life, by which time they were a tool rather than a source of enjoyment.