Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I came late to Detectorists. I'm just watching the second series now.

I came late to Detectorists. I'm just watching the second series now.

It's just about the perfect TV progamme. Sometimes the beauty of its gentle Englishness makes me weep silent tears of gratitude for having been born in this Great Country.

Plus, it's got Toby Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's just about the perfect TV progamme. Sometimes the beauty of its gentle Englishness makes me weep silent tears of gratitude for having been born in this Great Country.

What a ****ing poof!

Jesus Christ, man.....

I remember texting almost exactly this to you about a year ago whilst drunk. You told me you didn't like gentle whimsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I remember texting almost exactly this to you about a year ago whilst drunk. You told me you didn't like gentle whimsy.
    Ah, but I don't like gentle whimsy when it comes wrapped, as it does so often, in a cawl of intellectual superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    What a ****ing poof!

Jesus Christ, man.....
    There are no poofs, no transers, no TERFs, no Owen Joneses, no Allans chopping and chanting, just pure, fine Englishmen and a token Kraut.

Ah, but I don't like gentle whimsy when it comes wrapped, as it does so often, in a cawl of intellectual superiority.
    Yes, but the lesson here is that if I recommend something, you ought with alacrity to leap upon it as I am never wrong.

The only thing I don't like about the programme is yer man from The Office's wife. She's got a very deep voice and is really irritating.

I have shed many a tear about how beautiful the landscape is in it. And, as you know, I am not given to eye-pīssing to the extent you are. I don't live far from some of the places it's filmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, but the lesson here is that if I recommend something, you ought with alacrity to leap upon it as I am never wrong.

The only thing I don't like about the programme is yer man from The Office's wife. She's got a very deep voice and is really irritating.

I have shed many a tear about how beautiful the landscape is in it. And, as you know, I am not given to eye-pīssing to the extent you are. I don't live far from some of the places it's filmed.
    Yes, she is a teacher and therefore undoubtedly a communist, whilst he is a feckless layabout who refuses to work to support his wife and child.

The whole thing, frankly, is Corbynesque propaganda of the vilest sort.

I never liked it. Jasper Carrot and Robert Powell running around being police. not for me clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I never liked it. Jasper Carrot and Robert Powell running around being police. not for me clive.
    It really is quite hard to recall a period when Jasper Carrot was hugely popular, but it definitely did happen. Indeed, I seem to remember laughing at his stuff quite a lot. I'd probably think it was terrible these days.

Yes, she is a teacher and therefore undoubtedly a communist, whilst he is a feckless layabout who refuses to work to support his wife and child.

The whole thing, frankly, is Corbynesque propaganda of the vilest sort.
    Also, I wish he'd put his bony arms away. They gross me out. I don't really understand how people are that skinny without snapping.