Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I came late to Detectorists. I'm just watching the second series now.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It really is quite hard to recall a period when Jasper Carrot was hugely popular, but it definitely did happen. Indeed, I seem to remember laughing at his stuff quite a lot. I'd probably think it was terrible these days.
    He told quite an amusing story to which the punchline was, "Hey Carrot, they've got no Bovril!" bawled in broad Brummie. I occasionally shout this phrase for no apparent reason.

Also, I wish he'd put his bony arms away. They gross me out. I don't really understand how people are that skinny without snapping.
    Also, don't get me started on the canary yellow TR7. One of those wánkers who thinks he drives a 'classic car' because it's more than 25 years old. (See also all MG enthusiasts.) The car was shít the day it rolled off the production line, mate, and the passage of a quarter of a century is unlikely to have improved its dynamic capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Also, don't get me started on the canary yellow TR7. One of those wánkers who thinks he drives a 'classic car' because it's more than 25 years old. (See also all MG enthusiasts.) The car was shít the day it rolled off the production line, mate, and the passage of a quarter of a century is unlikely to have improved its dynamic capabilities.

I used to get lifts to work with a rather pretty sales lady who insisted on driving one of them - canary yellow, too. Not only did one look ridiculous in it, it was forever going wrong, so I'd have to get the bus.

If I hadn't fancied her rotten (and needed a lift), I'd probably have sacked off the whole arrangement.

She turned out to be a lesbian.

I used to get lifts to work with a rather pretty sales lady who insisted on driving one of them - canary yellow, too. Not only did one look ridiculous in it, it was forever going wrong, so I'd have to get the bus.

If I hadn't fancied her rotten (and needed a lift), I'd probably have sacked off the whole arrangement.

Was she a Lesbian before you fancied her or did the thought of your overly white hairy body turn her?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Was she a Lesbian before you fancied her or did the thought of your overly white hairy body turn her?
    I couldn't say. She just turned up at an event one evening with a short-haired woman in tow. This made a lot of people who'd tried it on with her and failed feel a lot better about things.

My body wasn't particularly hairy back then, I don't think. Indeed, I was quite smooth.

My whiteness I couldn't really help, you racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Also, don't get me started on the canary yellow TR7.
    Always breaking down they are
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

I couldn't say. She just turned up at an event one evening with a short-haired woman in tow. This made a lot of people who'd tried it on with her and failed feel a lot better about things.

My body wasn't particularly hairy back then, I don't think. Indeed, I was quite smooth.

My whiteness I couldn't really help, you racist.
    So you are clinging to the hope that you didn't turn her.......
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

No, she didn't. Because you don't believe in them, remember.

She made a political choice to avoid men, specifically you

Yes, I once actually performed the foul deed within the confines of a TR7; this event may have taken place, if my memory does me no disservice, in the car park of Finchley Golf Club.

A regrettable, cramped and uncomfortable, of ultimately satisfying, experience.

The car in question was one of the few automatics built, by the way. A three-speed unit, this was not a gearbox of which the British motor industry should be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Always breaking down they are
    Just like when they were brand new.

Quite how the company responsible for the TR4a and TR5 has the brass neck to bring the TR7 to market is quite beyond me. Let us draw a veil across the TR6 and blame Lucas for the fuel metering unit issues.