Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Well done to the Biriths state for upholding its right to kill innocent individuals

[QUOTE=Burney;4171275][QUOTE=Peter;4171270]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post

He's a right **** that bloke. Always performing outrageous and very possibly cruel surgeries. He'd be struck off if he were a doctor.
    He has some impressive health outcomes stats though.

[QUOTE=Peter;4171284][QUOTE=Burney;4171275]
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

He has some impressive health outcomes stats though.
    Pah. I bet he's killing animals with monotonous regularity. He's more Dr Mengele than Dr Doolittle if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    A child incapable of expressing an informed preference is in the care of the state, not of anyone else. His parents are not and never were empowered to override the NHS's clinical decision in this matter.

Modern science does not work by chucking early-stage, wholly unproven treatments at desperately sick babies on the vague off-chance they might work. That would be both bad science and monstrously unethical.

Your suggestion that there was no compassion involved in this decision is, I'm afraid, absurd. Compassion was absolutely at the heart of this decision.
    What utter rubbish. Corbynista nonsense. The state does not own anyone's life, not even a convict serving a life sentence.

You might be a rabbit who is happy for the men in white coats to play with at will, my life is worth more than any tuppence artist on the NHS might think it. If it was me and my money, I would have my child or myself trying the treatment and anyone trying to stop me would answer with their own lives because no-one has the right to stop me from doing what I think is best for myself or my child if I can afford to pay for it.