Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I don't think we've treated Mr Perez very well imo

I don't think we've treated Mr Perez very well imo

“But the shirt number is an ugly gesture. On the trip, Lacazette asked the boss and he accepted. Afterwards, he told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    “But the shirt number is an ugly gesture. On the trip, Lacazette asked the boss and he accepted. Afterwards, he told me.
    One begins to suspect that Senor Perez managed to boil Arsene's piss somehow good and proper.

Perhaps they argued over a lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It's pretty clear AW doesn't fancy him. He's always looked useful to me, but what do I know?

I hope he joins Deportivo...they've offered him a 10 year deal plus a coaching role later on.

Decent player...deserves better than we are giving him. Should've got more game time last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's pretty clear AW doesn't fancy him. He's always looked useful to me, but what do I know?
    I don't understand this flat-out not fancying business. I thought Campbell was pretty good: quick, tricky, eye for the goal, good close control.

It's like your mum; many do, some don't.

Broadly speaking though, managers "fancy" all their players, at least publicly, if only because you never know if one of them may turn out to be crucial and you need to be in a position to take the credit. It could simply be that there are other players in the squad he fancies more, meaning that a Lucas Perez, for instance, doesn't get to play much.

The squad number-thing just sounds clumsy, rather than malicious.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I don't understand this flat-out not fancying business. I thought Campbell was pretty good: quick, tricky, eye for the goal, good close control.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I was told the moment we were after him by someone who knows the player well that it would not work out. An averagely decent player who didn't really bring anything extra to the team.

It was a panic buy as we hadn't signed anyone yet and the fans needed to be placated. An expensive piece of window-dressing.