Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I walked through Deptford on Saturday and lived.

I walked through Deptford on Saturday and lived.

Not only that, was rewarded with some items of architectural merit.

Early Georgian houses on Albury Street:

St Pauls Church.

Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance

Also, I learned that Peter the Great had wild parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Not only that, was rewarded with some items of architectural merit.

Early Georgian houses on Albury Street:

St Pauls Church.

Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance

Also, I learned that Peter the Great had wild parties.
    In the 90s I used to have to visit someone who lived on the 17th floor of a block on the Pepys Estate. These visits were memorable for two reasons:

1. The overwhelming smell of urine in the common areas.
    2. The feeling of surprise upon returning to the car to find it still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    In the 90s I used to have to visit someone who lived on the 17th floor of a block on the Pepys Estate. These visits were memorable for two reasons:

"Used to have to visit" them, did you?

By the way, have you seem that Abi Wilkinson is trolling you in today's Guardian?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...tax?CMP=twt_gu

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    "Used to have to visit" them, did you?

By the way, have you seem that Abi Wilkinson is trolling you in today's Guardian?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...tax?CMP=twt_gu
    Ex sister-in-law, innit. Fúck me, what a bunch she used to hang around with. They had 'community groups', 'craft workshops', 'poetry workshops', a whole range of actvities to cater for the feckless population of the estate. As far as I could work out, more than half of them were signed off on the sick. Lazy bástards.

I saw. I commented. I laughed at the kicking she is taking btl.

Yes, I went by there, and around the land that was once the shipyard. I was reminded of how it rivalled Tottenham as one of the grimmest places in London when I got to the places above. There wasn't time to explore all the high street but apparently it is trendifying a bit. The North end of the high street was a bit desolate for a saturday.

So some poor carpenter used to let Pepys nob his wife there in return for a favourable word put in which might gain him a better situation. And Christopher Marlowe was murdered there over a row about a restaurant bill.

Yes, I went by there, and around the land that was once the shipyard. I was reminded of how it rivalled Tottenham as one of the grimmest places in London when I got to the places above. There wasn't time to explore all the high street but apparently it is trendifying a bit. The North end of the high street was a bit desolate for a saturday.

So some poor carpenter used to let Pepys nob his wife there in return for a favourable word put in which might gain him a better situation. And Christopher Marlowe was murdered there over a row about a restaurant bill.
    Pah - restaurant bill nonsense. He was assassinated on the orders of Lady Walsingham/Walter Raleigh/Lord Burghley/The privy council/Shakespeare/Queen Elizabeth I/Prince Philip

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Pah - restaurant bill nonsense. He was assassinated on the orders of Lady Walsingham/Walter Raleigh/Lord Burghley/The privy council/Shakespeare/Queen Elizabeth I/Prince Philip
    and or that David Attenborough producer
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yes, I saw that.

Stabbed straight through the eye, I believe. No messing about.

A friend of mine bought his first home on the Pepys estate or as the locals called it, the "peppies" estate.