Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Tory party actually on a mission to alienate every single voter in the country

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Surely we can accept other people's life experiences without endless legislation and discussion about how they need to be treated.

I believe in my own right to not give a **** about other people's life experience. I don't care about your gender, sexual orientation, preferred title, preferred toilet. Indifference is not intolerance.

My foot hurts most days. People just don't understand how it feels. I feel isolated from my community and have nobody to turn to.
    No, there is a process of correction that needs to take place; a redressing of the balance that requires totalitarian state intervention. What kind of tolerance is it if a bloke wakes up one morning and decides he feels like being a woman, if he can't then use women's toilets and changing rooms? How is that supposed to make them feel a part of our 'inclusive' society?

The exception to the rule is Islam, which is why we now allow Sharia courts in the UK, even though they openly discriminate against women.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    No, there is a process of correction that needs to take place; a redressing of the balance that requires totalitarian state intervention. What kind of tolerance is it if a bloke wakes up one morning and decides he feels like being a woman, if he can't then use women's toilets and changing rooms? How is that supposed to make them feel a part of our 'inclusive' society?

The exception to the rule is Islam, which is why we now allow Sharia courts in the UK, even though they openly discriminate against women.
    Apparently, it's transphobic not to want anything to do with their female penīses, m.

It's a rum do when a chap isn't even allowed to turn someone down on the basis that they've got a cock, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Apparently, it's transphobic not to want anything to do with their female penīses, m.

It's a rum do when a chap isn't even allowed to turn someone down on the basis that they've got a cock, I reckon.
    I assume you saw the 'conceptual penís' hoax paper that ended up getting peer reviewed by loads of unwitting academics?

Well, yes. I was reminded the other day that I needed to stop thinking in terms of stereotypes such as men and women. When I pointed out that perhaps we should then abandon the 30 point 'glass ceiling' action plan designed to ensure women have access to top jobs I was accused of wanting to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

We have an annual women's conference. How offensive is that to all these gender benders?

Well, yes. I was reminded the other day that I needed to stop thinking in terms of stereotypes such as men and women. When I pointed out that perhaps we should then abandon the 30 point 'glass ceiling' action plan designed to ensure women have access to top jobs I was accused of wanting to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

We have an annual women's conference. How offensive is that to all these gender benders?
    The interesting thing about this latest Tory announcement is that the gay and transgender communities are all coming out against it, as they believe it represents an existential threat to their own identities.

After all, if sex and gender as as fluid as is claimed, then how can a gay man or woman be gay, if we cannot be sure they are even a man or a woman, and are themselves free to change their mind at the drop of a hat?
    Last edited by Monty92; 07-24-2017 at 10:20 AM.

The interesting thing about this latest Tory announcement is that the gay and transgender communities are all coming out against it, as they believe it represents an existential threat to their own identities.
    Whoops-a-daisy

I assume you saw the 'conceptual penís' hoax paper that ended up getting peer reviewed by loads of unwitting academics?
    Yes. I also liked Toby Young's reply to Andrew Marr on the BBC when Marr said: "So if I changed gender, I could retire earlier?", to which Young replied: "And you'd be the BBC's best-paid woman"

One does feel that, as this stuff starts to collide with real economic and legal realities, it might finally all come crashing down.

After all, if sex and gender as as fluid as is claimed, then how can a gay man or woman be gay, if we cannot be sure they are even a man or a woman, and are themselves free to change their mind at the drop of a hat?
    I believe feminists have been making this argument for some time - only to be labelled as Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminists for their trouble.

Do us gentlemen (and Pokster) still feel obliged to offer our seat to a pregnant woman ?
    Assuming it is a woman and not a post womb implant man
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Is this pain underneath the foot? Behind the toes? Like the ends of two bones rubbing together?

I had that for years and years and years and suffered in silence, until I happened upon orthotic insoles. Now my feet, ankles and knees all work. Like a miracle. For the sake of a pair of £12.99 shoe inserts.

I don't know whether to laugh with joy or cry for the lost years.
    No, it's the first metatarsal joint. A believe it goes back to when a big fat lad kicked my big toe bloody hard when playing football at school. He was nowhere near the ball. To this day he is probably living guilt-free as well. With a bit of luck he'll get the bad aids or something and so justice will be done.