Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Is the Tory party actually on a mission to alienate every single voter in the country

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But this is the point: how you define yourself is irrelevant. What matters is how objective , empirical fact defines you. The law can't be run on the basis of allowing everyone to be taken at their own valuation.
    Right, but that is clearly where we are heading. I am just saying, nobody is going to tell me I am not a bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Of course they still apply. What you have in your pants and what you want to have there remains different and distinct from where you want to stick it.

For them, those traditional notions may not apply but for the rest of us they do. I am a bloke who fancies women and I identify as such. Whats wrong with that?
    What's wrong with that is that you use the nonsense of saying that that is how you 'identify' as opposed to saying that that is just plain and simple what you bloody well are. To say you 'identify' is to concede that those definitions are of your choosing or might at some point change. Once you concede that absolutes are negotiable, you're in trouble.

Of course they still apply. What you have in your pants and what you want to have there remains different and distinct from where you want to stick it.

For them, those traditional notions may not apply but for the rest of us they do. I am a bloke who fancies women and I identify as such. Whats wrong with that?
    Because notions of sexuality are fundamentally rooted in traditional conceptions of sex and gender. identifying as a man no longer means you are a man, because being a man means nothing in a scientific sense. And neither, therefore, does sexuality.

You are simply a person who today identifies as a man who fancies woman. Heterosexuality has nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Segregation? Lovely Peter, just lovely.

No doubt you'dd have them at the back of the bus and in separate queues at the post office too.
    We already have segregation of the sexes. We are just adding a further category to recognise all these attention-seeking benders.

And we already have people wanting to segregate public transport. Not my idea....

Because notions of sexuality are fundamentally rooted in traditional conceptions of sex and gender. identifying as a man no longer means you are a man, because being a man means nothing in a scientific sense. And neither, therefore, does sexuality.

You are simply a person who today identifies as a man who fancies woman. Heterosexuality has nothing to do with it.
    That's fine. I have never prided myself on being heterosexual. I don't care about that.

I identify as a man. I don't really give a **** what anyone else thinks about that. I am not willing to identify as being part of some muddled pool of normals and benders.

We already have segregation of the sexes. We are just adding a further category to recognise all these attention-seeking benders.

And we already have people wanting to segregate public transport. Not my idea....
    EXACTLY! You are finally woke!

Segregation of humans is not only socially and ethically regressive but factually absurd, given there is no such thing as biological sex.

EXACTLY! You are finally woke!

Segregation of the sexes is not only socially and ethically regressive but factually absurd, given there is no such thing as biological sex.
    It is merely a matter of public convenience (if you'll pardon the pun). Some stand, some sit. Those inbetween can **** off to the third door.

What's wrong with that? The rest of it is just *******s isn't it.

What's wrong with that is that you use the nonsense of saying that that is how you 'identify' as opposed to saying that that is just plain and simple what you bloody well are. To say you 'identify' is to concede that those definitions are of your choosing or might at some point change. Once you concede that absolutes are negotiable, you're in trouble.
    Of course. But if you start going down that road they win. There is no end to this conversation other than to stick them in a third bog and let them say whatever the **** they want.

And they are not having the op on the NHS either. **** that.

Laughable as that article is, it's also scary. Essentially, it is someone holding demonstrable facts up to ridicule and contempt based on an absurd, faith-based dogma. In essence, it's no different to a fundamentalist tract denouncing evolution or an article in Dabiq that holds western science in contempt because it clashes with the Koran. These people scare me.

Laughable as that article is, it's also scary. Essentially, it is someone holding demonstrable facts up to ridicule and contempt based on an absurd, faith-based dogma. In essence, it's no different to a fundamentalist tract denouncing evolution or an article in Dabiq that holds western science in contempt because it clashes with the Koran. These people scare me.
    Both laughable and scary, you say?

"Mey Valdivia Rude is a bisexual Latina trans woman living in Los Angeles. She's a writer, comic consultant and a trans activist. She's a bruja, a femme, a pop princess and she loves comic books, witches, dinosaurs and crying."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Monty92; 07-24-2017 at 11:18 AM.