Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: the famous musicans killing themselves later on in life

the famous musicans killing themselves later on in life

I might have to change my plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    scuppering all those future reunion gigs too.

I'm not sure I've ever forgiven Joe Strummer for turning up his toes...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

It's quite annoying when you hear that an 'old' rock star's killed himself, only to realise a/ he was younger than you and b/you've literally never heard of him and have never knowingly heard one of his songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's quite annoying when you hear that an 'old' rock star's killed himself, only to realise a/ he was younger than you and b/you've literally never heard of him and have never knowingly heard one of his songs.
    whilst I have head of the band, Linkin Park, I too have no idea of any of their songs or band members.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    whilst I have head of the band, Linkin Park, I too have no idea of any of their songs or band members.
    I ignore that whole time in music, along with the likes of Limp Bizkit, Korn, Papa Roach, those other fellas.

I ignore that whole time in music, along with the likes of Limp Bizkit, Korn, Papa Roach, those other fellas.
    Yes. I just remember it as a lot of baggy-trousered white boys shouting

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. I just remember it as a lot of baggy-trousered white boys shouting
    I wasn't a fan of those years at all.

On the pop side it was Britney Spears, N Sync, then Eminem on the rap side and a bunch of one hit wonders like Sugar Ray and Fastball.

Even the music videos when you look back are poor quality. It's weird there is a whole period in television late 90's early/mid 2000 s where the picture quality is worse than it was in the 80s.

I wasn't a fan of those years at all.

On the pop side it was Britney Spears, N Sync, then Eminem on the rap side and a bunch of one hit wonders like Sugar Ray and Fastball.

Even the music videos when you look back are poor quality. It's weird there is a whole period in television late 90's early/mid 2000 s where the picture quality is worse than it was in the 80s.
    Fortunately, I stopped having to care about pop music in about 1997. I don't think I missed much.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Legendary, imo. If only for this

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."