Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Following on from Women's football

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Very subjective to suggest that women look "wrong doing some things" imo. It's a sweeping generalisation which denies individuality.

Throwing Muses. One of the best bands ever. Opinion.

Not sure I ever heard a pop song as good as 'Not Too Soon'

I'm not saying they can't be good, just that they look wrong. I've loved some bands with lady musicians - Prince's various bands, Velvet Underground, etc - it's just a visual thing.

Also, all-female bands are just all wrong. Hole, The Bangles, L7 - just...no.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    **** you and the horse you came in on. This is war
    I went determined not to like it. To be fair, Donnelly solo was better than Belly. Throwing Muses was just not very good.

Having to drive a three hour round trip without a pint didn't help

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm not saying they can't be good, just that they look wrong. I've loved some bands with lady musicians - Prince's various bands, Velvet Underground, etc - it's just a visual thing.

See, I don't think it is wrong. It just so happens that they are all ****.

Fleetwood Mac were better before the ladies joined.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

This is why Garbage worked. If she had a bunch of female musicians I'd have ignored them completely.