Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chap in the Grauniad reckons we're keeping Alexis because of

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Didn't you join the "Wenger deserves cancer" brigade at some point last season? If so, how can you possibly now be countenancing us winning the league? That makes literally no sense...

I fúcking loved the cup final more than I can describe but I can't quite shrug off the feeling that Chelsea basically treated it like the Community Shield
    Sort of like us in the semi-final in '91, do you mean? Anyway, we'll find out once and for all who's the better team on Saturday
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    He did qualify it with building a functioning midfield, which will be quite a feat (especially with that useless c*nt Ramsey in it).

And yes, I make you right about Chelsea. That's the only way I can explain why their central midfield completely dominated us in the league but seemed utterly absent that day. Kante in particular.
    If this Lacazette chap is actually any good, Ramsey could be player of the year next season.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    He did qualify it with building a functioning midfield, which will be quite a feat (especially with that useless c*nt Ramsey in it).

And yes, I make you right about Chelsea. That's the only way I can explain why their central midfield completely dominated us in the league but seemed utterly absent that day. Kante in particular.
    Not the fact we played a completely different formation in the cup final
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    I want us to keep him purely on a sporting level. The whole 'new era' of having Ozil and Sanchez, can't end before we've given them a really good striker to play with. It's taken 4-5 years to finally land one. At least give us a season to see Ozil,Alexis and Lacazette together. It's the least the club can do, after subjecting us to another two years of Arsene
    Right, that's the way to think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Not the fact we played a completely different formation in the cup final
    Football is about players, not formations #clough

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Didn't you join the "Wenger deserves cancer" brigade at some point last season? If so, how can you possibly now be countenancing us winning the league? That makes literally no sense...
    Erm, no. I probably said that then might be the time for him to call it a day which is something quite different to what you have described there. Something happened to stop the spell of distaster which drastically improved us, and will improve us next season, I believe. Now he needs to fix the midfield.

I fúcking loved the cup final more than I can describe but I can't quite shrug off the feeling that Chelsea basically treated it like the Community Shield
    Yeah, right. There's no way would Chelsea want to win the double because obviously they think like you do - that the FA Cup is not a trophy.
    Last edited by Ash; 07-20-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    If this Lacazette chap is actually any good, Ramsey could be player of the year next season.
    You think he'll push so far forward that he'll be there to tap in Laca's rebounds, red?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Or he could spend pretty much the entire season at the intersection of injured and useless. Like he does every season.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Or he could spend pretty much the entire season at the intersection of injured and useless. Like he does every season.
    I think you'll find that Aaron Ramsey won us the FA Cup. Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think you'll find that Aaron Ramsey won us the FA Cup. Twice.
    Yes. The first time was during his one good season (he missed four months of it through injury).

We don't want someone to win us the FA Cup every four years. We want someone who can play in midfield every week.