Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chap in the Grauniad reckons we're keeping Alexis because of

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Why should he sign that deal..he can either get sold now and earn 5-10% ot he deal as he hasn't asked for a tfr, or get a huge signing on fee next summer... and don't start with the rubbish thast he won't be worth much, he will be 29 and at his prime
    Well he'll have say 2-3 years left at the top. Clearly a 23 year old is worth far more if he has the potential.

Next summer I think you'd be looking at say £30million-£40million. That is a huge sum for an outfield player with just a few years left.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I feel like I'm on a different planet when it comes to the way people talk about Alexis. Yes, he showed a bit of a habit of getting in a huff last season, but his effort in every single game is absolutely unbelievable. He is a total monster in every single second of every single game. Even during his so-called bad period of the season his effort levels didn't drop.

Call me mad, but if that's petulance then I wish more of our players were petulant.
    You speak as if the Alexis Out! crowd was a massive majority, when it isn't. Stillman wrote one of his typically balanced pieces giving both sides of the case the other week.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Yes, the current Gonzalo Higuaín (aged 29) transfer stuff makes you absolutely correct.
    Chelsea have just signed Morata for £60million. Nobody would pay £80million for a 29 year old unless they are Ronaldo/Messi.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Well he'll have say 2-3 years left at the top. Clearly a 23 year old is worth far more if he has the potential.

Next summer I think you'd be looking at say £30million-£40million. That is a huge sum for an outfield player with just a few years left.
    so you think by the time he is 31 he will be almost finished??? And people think you know nothing about football
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

so you think by the time he is 31 he will be almost finished??? And people think you know nothing about football
    Just because you think he's worth as much as someone like Mbappe/Lukaku... He isn't. Who is the most expensive 30 year old in football history. The record transfer for a player over 30 is £23million.

http://talksport.com/football/golden...0624151978?p=9

Just because you think he's worth as much as someone like Mbappe/Lukaku... He isn't. Who is the most expensive 30 year old in football history. The record transfer for a player over 30 is £23million.

Cheers for the link, R. Interesting.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Very interesting... problem is Sanchez will be 29 next summer so your link has nothing to do with it... also has nothing to do with how fees are going this summer
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You speak as if the Alexis Out! crowd was a massive majority, when it isn't. Stillman wrote one of his typically balanced pieces giving both sides of the case the other week.
    It seems to be at least a significant minority on the internets though #freeAlexis
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Very interesting... problem is Sanchez will be 29 next summer so your link has nothing to do with it... also has nothing to do with how fees are going this summer
    He's played every game of football in the world though, for about the past ten years. I also read somewhere that Wenger seems to regard 29 as practically the same as 30/31 anyway.

I agree though, somebody in Europe will break that record soon enough.

Is it up-to-date though? Looks a couple of years old, as it describes Cech as "joining Arsenal".