Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Slightly :deviant: behaviour last night, watched the women's footy

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I find it even funnier in athletics where the relative abilities of the sexes are measured in a verifiable, factual manner- time, height, distance.

So no, it is not me saying that men run faster, its a ****ing stopwatch saying it.
    Yes. If they could point to even one athletic discipline in which the women's world record is superior to the male one it might help their case.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Really? Oh, dear.

Just looked it up. He warmed up with 'a round of golf and a couple of shandies'.

https://www.theguardian.com/observer...543962,00.html
    John McEnroe got in trouble a couple of weeks ago for describing Serena (in glowing terms) as the best women's tennis player ever. He was questioned by the interviewer as to why he couldn't just say she's the best tennis player ever and he replied "errr, because she'd be about 700 on the men's circuit"

Cue the accusations of sexism.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Leniency? Leniency?

You're only making it worse for yourself.
    Hit him with an extra one match ban for a frivolous appeal imo
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there's something actively un-sexy about women playing football.
    Sexier than men playing it though, I suppose?

I think the trouble is that you're not really supposed to watch football for the sex. Well, perhaps for a different sort of sex; the one there's nothing wrong with.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Yes. If they could point to even one athletic discipline in which the women's world record is superior to the male one it might help their case.
    In gymnastics they use completely different apparatus that suits either the male or female physique

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Actually both Willams sisters got battered by the fella ranked 203 on the ATP circuit back in 1998. They had previously said they could beat any man ranked above 200, but after their meeting with reality they revised that number to 350.
    EDIT: Doh! Didn't read the whole thread.

John McEnroe got into a bit of trouble the other week for suggesting that in the mens game they would be ranked about six or seven hundred. I didn't hear that 'thing in Australia' being mentioned in the shítstorm. JMac did say in his defence "Am I not allowed to have an opinion?".

He was questioned by the interviewer as to why he couldn't just say she's the best tennis player ever and he replied "errr, because she'd be about 700 on the men's circuit"
    Maybe he should have said "Because she's not had to play Roger Federer"

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Maybe he should have said "Because she's not had to play Roger Federer"
    But the argument is that because Serena has won more grand slams than any other player in history, male or female, it is only right to describe her as the best tennis player ever.

I don't particularly have a problem with that.

But the argument is that because Serena has won more grand slams than any other player in history, male or female, it is only right to describe her as the best tennis player ever.

And Glasgow Rangers have won a couple of dozen more league titles than Real Madrid.

Damn silly argument; damn silly game.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

How can you say she is the best tennis player ever when he hasn't played any male tennis players.... you could argue that you can't call RF the best ever as he doesn't play the best women
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar