Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
Yes, I haven't listened to that one precisely because it deals with Trump, on which subject I find Mr Harris fearfully po-faced.

I believe his antipathy isn not party-political. However, the impression I get is that his objection is quasi-aesthetic. - that he finds the mere idea of Trump offensive to his middle-class, liberal intellectual sensibilities. He doesn't seem to grasp that offending people like him on those grounds is precisely the point of Donald Trump.
I agree to a point. But I don't think it's quite right to lump Harris in with the middle class liberal intelligentsia, as he would be chucked out of your average Hamptons dinner party within 5 seconds of opening his mouth on most subjects. He is, after all, pro-racial profiling, pro-torture (in some instances), and pro-immigration control, among other things.

The podcast is worth listening to, I think. The fella interviewed is non-political, and stays well away from the usual political talking points around Trump and instead attempts to defend his character in a thought-provoking way.