Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: So it seems our chums in the ever-democratic EU are threatening to suspend Poland's

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's true. I think I'd be dreaming fondly for a cold, wet London day in February before a week was out.
    My word. I find it glorious, utterly glorious.

You've got too many Irish genes

I don't think I'd be able to bear the heat in Singapore. Or the crowds.
    Well, join me in Penang Hill then. Perfectly secure from the locals with a delightful, cooling breeze.

Lazy evenings in the hlll-top garden overseeing Georgetown and the ships coasting their way to Singapore, bound further east and beyond. We shall toast Francis Light and his ilk before dining at the E&O.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Well, join me in Penang Hill then. Perfectly secure from the locals with a delightful, cooling breeze.

Lazy evenings in the hlll-top garden overseeing Georgetown and the ships coasting their way to Singapore, bound further east and beyond. We shall toast Francis Light and his ilk before dining at the E&O.
    Are you hitting on me?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What, completely smooth - all over? I expect that's quite a sight when it's all oiled up, isn't it?

Pic?
    My betters insist on coconut oil nowadays. It's all the rage apparently.

It's perfectly foul, I've decided.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

My word. I find it glorious, utterly glorious.

You've got too many Irish genes
    Yes, but you hate the cold, don't you? I rather like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Done. In Malaysia the sundowner should, of course, be the stengah. But you know that.

Pfff. Call yourself an Englishman? Sir Stanford Raffles never removed his jacket or loosened his cravat.

Nor went by the name Stanford.

Sir Thomas, if you don't mind. And Stamford, not Stanford.

Are you hitting on me?
    Yes, that's the construction I put on the missive too. It is 2017 though, so there's probably nothing wrong with it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Done. In Malaysia the sundowner should, of course, be the stengah. But you know that.
    Of course. And the tea they pour from vessel to vessel beforehand.

I must always have tea....

Yes, but you hate the cold, don't you? I rather like it.
    I suppose if I lived there I might occasionally miss the cosiness of a roaring fire... but I could manage.