Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: So it seems our chums in the ever-democratic EU are threatening to suspend Poland's

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Finally, our colonial cousins appear across the pond to put all straight.

wd ega.
    Np

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Np
    You're a bit late to the party, to be honest.

Nothing new there, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    History demonstrates that Europe can never be safe with a united Germany, I'm afraid. Reunification will prove to have been a disaster for Western Europe.
    I do concede that even though we can't predict the future solely on the past, our Bosche brethern don't have a great record as a united nation.

Hairy backs. That's the thing that always strikes me about Russians. Hairy backs.

It's a sign of coarse breeding, you know.
    Don't look at me; the redgunamos are an essentially hairless variety
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

That would be great. Trouble is, an o'ermighty Germany will inevitably end up bothering us.

Maybe we could nuke them now? It would save an awful lot of time later.
    The East, b. All of it.

India, China (sorry, but we have to), the tiger economies of South East Asia.

And at some point, the Yanks, I suppose. Leave that for now though.

Germany wont fancy all of that. The Russians are the bigger worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Which is where the peculiarly british pomposity about representation starts to get on my ****ing tits. The notion that YOUR MP is elected to represent YOUR views has been utter nonsense since political parties acquired the semblance of party organisation in the 1830s.

The first thing your MP does on arrival at Westminster is take the whip, meaning he speaks, acts and votes with and for his party. What his constituents may or may not believe does not matter a jot for another 4 and a half years.
    You either accept this arrangement or you don’t.

Demanding a referendum when it doesn’t get you what you want is not the done thing at all.

Poor form.
    Sure, but if Brexit demonstrates anything, it's that all major parties simply ignoring the feelings of a majority of voters on the key constitutional matter affecting the country for 40-odd years and carrying on regardless really doesn't work.

That, it seems to me, is the lesson our political classes are struggling to learn.

The East, b. All of it.

India, China (sorry, but we have to), the tiger economies of South East Asia.

And at some point, the Yanks, I suppose. Leave that for now though.

Germany wont fancy all of that. The Russians are the bigger worry.
    We can't invade China, man! Are you quite sane? They've got an army of 18 billion and they're all experts in kung fu.

No no, it would be a disaster.

Sure, but if Brexit demonstrates anything, it's that all major parties simply ignoring the feelings of a majority of voters on the key constitutional matter affecting the country for 40-odd years and carrying on regardless really doesn't work.

That, it seems to me, is the lesson our political classes are struggling to learn.
    That depends on the belief that it is the key constitutional matter. Its not. It means very little and is too complicated for the mass populace to comprehend.

And they didn't ignore the feelings of the majority- they just didn't agree with them. Its called leadership.

David Cameron, for all his faults, understood this.

We can't invade China, man! Are you quite sane? They've got an army of 18 billion and they're all experts in kung fu.

No no, it would be a disaster.
    Wooooah!!!

Who mentioned invasion?? These people are our friends, Sir C. Friends and partners. Let us work with them and build a secure and prosperous Asia. Europe is done, leave the rubble to the Germans.

I shall take up residence in Penang. I assume you will fancy Singapore?

That depends on the belief that it is the key constitutional matter. Its not. It means very little and is too complicated for the mass populace to comprehend.

And they didn't ignore the feelings of the majority- they just didn't agree with them. Its called leadership.

David Cameron, for all his faults, understood this.
    It's not British leadership though. That's why he had to go.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."