Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I always knew Londoners got ripped off. But I was looking at some train tickets

I always knew Londoners got ripped off. But I was looking at some train tickets

recently.

You can buy an advance rail ticket for 07:15 travelling from Liverpool to London tomorrow morning for £7.50

But if you wanted to travel from Reading to London it would cost you £23.60

Yeah but you earn more in London etc....................

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    recently.

You can buy an advance rail ticket for 07:15 travelling from Liverpool to London tomorrow morning for £7.50

But if you wanted to travel from Reading to London it would cost you £23.60

Yeah but you earn more in London etc....................
    Or more people will travel from Reading to London than Liverpool to London, so supply and demand means they will charge more
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Or more people will travel from Reading to London than Liverpool to London, so supply and demand means they will charge more
    In my opinion that should be the opposite.
    the train runs regardless if the train is packed full of people you are making more money than if it's empty.

the train runs regardless if the train is packed full of people you are making more money than if it's empty.
    Communist.

so airlines should do the same then???

On the other hand, if I lived in Liverpool, I'd be pretty desperate to get out of there so you could charge me more too do so than you could if I lived in Reading.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

so airlines should do the same then???
    Airlines different.
    Plus if you book early you can get a better deal.

Airlines different.
    Plus if you book early you can get a better deal.
    Same with trains... and if a couple of days before a train has loads of seets they will sell them cheaper... makes sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    On the other hand, if I lived in Liverpool, I'd be pretty desperate to get out of there so you could charge me more too do so than you could if I lived in Reading.
    Ahh, but you wouldn't have any money to buy a ticket

Ahh, but you wouldn't have any money to buy a ticket
    True. Robbing bástards.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."