Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: There seem to be an awful lot of BBC employees on Twitter this morning listing all

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    No, the salaries could be delineated in a way that exposed such discrepancies with full transparency while remaining anonymous.
    There is already the Gender Pay Gap Reporting legislation for that, m
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

No, the salaries could be revealed in a way that exposed such discrepancies with full transparency while remaining anonymous.
    But there can be no full transparency with anonymity. The public cannot make any judgement on the wisdom of how their money is being spent without knowing precisely who it is being spent on.

If you reveal that an anonymous TV figure is being paid that much more than the BBC's political editor, I would probably shrug and assume it is some big name or other and assume that they're probably worth it. When I find out it's Nick Knowles, however, my sense of grievance is piqued because he is a relatively minor personality who clearly has a shït-hot agent.
    Last edited by Burney; 07-19-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But there can be no full transparency with anonymity. The public cannot assess make any judgement on the wisdom of how their money is being spent without knowing precisely who it is being spent on.

If you reveal that an anonymous TV figure is being paid that much more than the BBC's political editor, I would probably shrug and assume it is some big name or other and assume that they're probably worth it. When I find out it's Nick Knowles, however, my sense of grievance is piqued because he is a relatively minor personality who clearly has a shït-hot agent.
    We also find out that the 2 One Show presenters are on different salaries for doing the same job.... you need to know who gets what imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I think the main objection is that the salaries aren't being revealed anonymously. Just seems a little mean-spirited.
    Nobody seems to mind a bit of mean-spiritedness though, do they? Perhaps it depends if you get it coming, rather than going, as it were.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."