Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There seem to be an awful lot of BBC employees on Twitter this morning listing all

There seem to be an awful lot of BBC employees on Twitter this morning listing all

the things they like that the BBC produces as if that somehow justifies those who don't like them being required by law to pay for them.

Odd sort of an argument, that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    the things they like that the BBC produces as if that somehow justifies those who don't like them being required by law to pay for them.

Odd sort of an argument, that.
    There are also a great many leftists claiming that the disclosure of salaries is a right wing plot to undermine the national treasure that is the BBC. Don't these people usually bang on and on about how biased the BBC is against the left?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There are also a great many leftists claiming that the disclosure of salaries is a right wing plot to undermine the national treasure that is the BBC. Don't these people usually bang on and on about how biased the BBC is against the left?
    Also, aren't these the same people always clamouring for caps to be applied to the 'obscene' pay of employees of private companies?

Also, aren't these the same people always clamouring for caps to be applied to the 'obscene' pay of employees of private companies?
    Yes. Apparently Gary Lineker isn't a 'Fat Cat' because refugees.

I think the main objection is that the salaries aren't being revealed anonymously. Just seems a little mean-spirited.

I think what I particularly object to about Lineker is that he's never struck me as being particularly good at what he does.

Mind you, I always fast forward through his bits on MoTD

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I think the main objection is that the salaries aren't being revealed anonymously. Just seems a little mean-spirited.
    They are employees of a corporation funded by mandatory public taxation. Why on earth should they be anonymous?

I'm not particularly fussed, but I can see the argument that, given that I have no right to opt out of paying towards Gary Lineker's salary, I have a right to know what he earns.

They are employees of a corporation funded by mandatory public taxation. Why on earth should they be anonymous?
    But not everyone who works for the BBC is going to be 'outed' in the same way - just its stars. How is that fair?

But not everyone who works for the BBC is going to be 'outed' in the same way - just its stars. How is that fair?
    I agree that's rather arbitrary, but they are - we must assume - the best paid people in the organisation.

Also, it's not an argument against their salaries being revealed, it's an argument in favour of everyone in the BBC's salary being revealed.