Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In the last 30 minutes I have taken two phone calls

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    So is WES, tbf. Are you suggesting he has naturalised too?
    wes is a foreign, and still behaves as a foreign, bawling and sweating like some sort of demented thing all over the place.

My chum would never behave is such a fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Will there be someone calling for their heads? I'm imagining a white lesbian.
    Oh yes, I would imagine so. You imagine correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It evokes decades of racism in the entertainment industry where blacked up white people were preferred to, you know, black people.

It is also one of the many reasons why It Aint Half Hot Mum is no longer considered acceptable for TV.
    But by definition it is not racist at all. In the same way that a non-white person dressing as a white person during a fancy dress party wouldn't be racist.

I'm afraid I just don't get it. I doubt they are of an age to appreciate what you are saying there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    "Qveen Victoria bloody good bloke!"

"Mr lah-di-dah Gunner Graham! You is a poof!"

Classic stuff.
    It is, as you say, classic. Just not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    But by definition it is not racist at all. In the same way that a non-white person dressing as a white person during a fancy dress party wouldn't be racist.

I'm afraid I just don't get it. I doubt they are of an age to appreciate what you are saying there.
    How is it not racist 'by definition'??

Oh yes, I would imagine so. You imagine correctly.
    Oh, marvellous. I do enjoy these insights into the groves of academe, p. It reminds one of the Wilt books one has read.

It is, as you say, classic. Just not funny.
    Windsor Davies was quite funny. "YOU IS ALL POOFS!" "Ohdearhowsadnevermind"

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    "Qveen Victoria bloody good bloke!"

"Mr lah-di-dah Gunner Graham! You is a poof!"

Classic stuff.
    Your favourite Arsenal manager.

Oh, marvellous. I do enjoy these insights into the groves of academe, p. It reminds one of the Wilt books one has read.
    I re-read some of that stuff last year. What, in the 70s, was hyperbolic satire is now just normality

London is a very different picture but elsewhere academia is very, very white. Plenty of young EU staff and some Asian in certain disciplines but hardly any black people.

Many, many lesbians. They pretty much run the HE sector- apart from Oxford and Cambridge, obviously.