Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: In the last 30 minutes I have taken two phone calls

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Not at all. It's timeless and never inappropriate. artridge:
    Mind you, I shudder to think what sort of thing they might wear in an Essex golf club these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm not keen on saying whether things are or aren't racist, tbh, since the word has become meaningless. However, the clear intention is to lampoon and ridicule. That's fine, but when you pop the highly explosive ingredient of race into that particular mix, you're skating on pretty thin ice. If they didn't realise that, they're fücking idiots.
    But I do not believe that their intention was to lampoon based on race. If it was, then clearly it is not acceptable. However, I suspect that it was more a case of having a bit of fun. What if they had dressed as Bob Marley?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    But I do not believe that their intention was to lampoon based on race. If it was, then clearly it is not acceptable. However, I suspect that it was more a case of having a bit of fun. What if they had dressed as Bob Marley?
    Then at least they wouldn't be in trouble for cross dressing as well, which is also totally unacceptable as it may offend those of dubious gender/sexual orientation/whatever else some **** chooses to be awkward about in order to feel special.