Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In the last 30 minutes I have taken two phone calls

In the last 30 minutes I have taken two phone calls

The first asked me to sit on a disciplinary panel for two students who attended a rugby club function 'blacked up' as Venus and Serena Williams.

The second asked me to visit a potential new partner. Tottenham ****ing Hotspur.

I am not answering the phone again today.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The first asked me to sit on a disciplinary panel for two students who attended a rugby club function 'blacked up' as Venus and Serena Williams.

The second asked me to visit a potential new partner. Tottenham ****ing Hotspur.

I am not answering the phone again today.
    What did they do during the function that warrants disciplinary procedures, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What did they do during the function that warrants disciplinary procedures, though?
    Took a photo of themselves, put it on snapchat and the press got hold of it.

Yes, but doing what? Pissing in a fountain? Vomiting in the punch? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, but doing what? Pissing in a fountain? Vomiting in the punch? What?
    Nothing that I know of. Will let you know once I see the allegations.

A clearcut case of 'boys will be boys', p. Tell them we were all young once, but not to be silly arses in future, wink, tousle their hair and send them on their way.

This is how things ought to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    A clearcut case of 'boys will be boys', p. Tell them we were all young once, but not to be silly arses in future, wink, tousle their hair and send them on their way.

This is how things ought to be done.
    Sorry, but they are for the high jump. I think criminal charges are inevitable- racially aggravated public order. Two years.

Sorry, but they are for the high jump. I think criminal charges are inevitable- racially aggravated public order. Two years.
    Good Lord, p! What is the world coming to if a chap can't black up and pop on a tennis skirt and bra without being accused of racism?

It's this bloody social media business. Bloody lethal. I'd hate to be young today.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Good Lord, p! What is the world coming to if a chap can't black up and pop on a tennis skirt and bra without being accused of racism?

It's this bloody social media business. Bloody lethal. I'd hate to be young today.
    It will be a slap on the wrist I would hope. The more worrying thing is why nobody (including their mates) thought to point out that this could get them in a spot of bother.

It will be a slap on the wrist I would hope. The more worrying thing is why nobody (including their mates) thought to point out that this could get them in a spot of bother.
    It does rather suggest that some of your charges there may not be exactly of the brightest, doesn't it? I'm trying to imagine how, during what were presumably hours of preparation devising, acquiring and applying the costume, it wouldn't occur to at least one of them that this sort of thing hasn't been acceptable for about 25 years?