Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talking of students, it seems rather a lot of them voted twice for Labour.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    His mistake was suggesting 'education' ( ) as a sensible way of choosing who gets to vote.

Thousands of students voted for Corbyn, some several times. This shows us the effect of 'education' on vulnerable young minds.

Voting, as any fule no, was invented by God in order that gentlemen of property might choose who amongst them should make laws to govern the common herd.

The democratisation of democracy was a crass error.
    I failed the citizenship test

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I failed the citizenship test
    You're going to have to expand a little, p. Which citizenship test did you take, and why?

It was Cuba, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This is the sort of thing that the opponents of the Chartists used to say in the the 'good old days' of the 19th century when only educated men of property were allowed to vote, because the working class were considered to be ignorant scum.

And knowing twice as much about what, btw? Media studies? Or how to get by on a low income and a life of low opportunity.

With Toniblairites, who needs Tories, eh?

Disclaimer: Peter, I don't for a moment believe you actually meant that.
    Oh I meant it. I just meant it as a joke.

Of course, I don't think anybody should be allowed to vote. Its expensive and a waste of time.

Of course, I don't think anybody should be allowed to vote. Its expensive and a waste of time.
    I thought you'd favout the old 100% turnout but just the one name on the ballot paper, p? That seemed to work for Uncle Joe, Chairman M and Pol Pot.

The EU Commission likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The EU Commission likes this.
    Wd the EU Commission. Sensible policies for a free and prosperous Europe.

Right. And it also encourages politicians.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So, not content with trying to place this country's future in the hands of a bunch of communists, the youth also seem happy to reduce our level of electoral integrity to that of a banana republic.

These people cannot be trusted with the vote - raise the voting age to 30.
    This reminds me of when Jorge demanded that no-one over the age of about 50 should be allowed to vote, because there was more chance that they might disagree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So, not content with trying to place this country's future in the hands of a bunch of communists, the youth also seem happy to reduce our level of electoral integrity to that of a banana republic.

These people cannot be trusted with the vote - raise the voting age to 30.
    Pointless. After all, it's the over-30s that failed to raise all these young idiots right in the first place.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."