Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Talking of students, it seems rather a lot of them voted twice for Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This is the sort of thing that the opponents of the Chartists used to say in the the 'good old days' of the 19th century when only educated men of property were allowed to vote, because the working class were considered to be ignorant scum.

And knowing twice as much about what, btw? Media studies? Or how to get by on a low income and a life of low opportunity.

With Toniblairites, who needs Tories, eh?

Disclaimer: Peter, I don't for a moment believe you actually meant that.
    His mistake was suggesting 'education' ( ) as a sensible way of choosing who gets to vote.

Thousands of students voted for Corbyn, some several times. This shows us the effect of 'education' on vulnerable young minds.

Voting, as any fule no, was invented by God in order that gentlemen of property might choose who amongst them should make laws to govern the common herd.

The democratisation of democracy was a crass error.

This is the sort of thing that the opponents of the Chartists used to say in the the 'good old days' of the 19th century when only educated men of property were allowed to vote, because the working class were considered to be ignorant scum.

And knowing twice as much about what, btw? Media studies? Or how to get by on a low income and a life of low opportunity.

With Toniblairites, who needs Tories, eh?

Disclaimer: Peter, I don't for a moment believe you actually meant that.
    Oh I meant it. I just meant it as a joke.

Of course, I don't think anybody should be allowed to vote. Its expensive and a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    His mistake was suggesting 'education' ( ) as a sensible way of choosing who gets to vote.

Thousands of students voted for Corbyn, some several times. This shows us the effect of 'education' on vulnerable young minds.

Voting, as any fule no, was invented by God in order that gentlemen of property might choose who amongst them should make laws to govern the common herd.

The democratisation of democracy was a crass error.
    I failed the citizenship test

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Oh I meant it. I just meant it as a joke.

Of course, I don't think anybody should be allowed to vote. Its expensive and a waste of time.
    I thought you'd favout the old 100% turnout but just the one name on the ballot paper, p? That seemed to work for Uncle Joe, Chairman M and Pol Pot.

I failed the citizenship test
    You're going to have to expand a little, p. Which citizenship test did you take, and why?

It was Cuba, wasn't it?

The EU Commission likes this.

You're going to have to expand a little, p. Which citizenship test did you take, and why?

It was Cuba, wasn't it?
    The United Kingdom. In my defence some of the questions were stupid. The order of Henry VIIIs wives, the architect of the Tower of London, Cromwell's favourite meal...... who the **** knows all that?

The EU Commission likes this.
    Wd the EU Commission. Sensible policies for a free and prosperous Europe.

The United Kingdom. In my defence some of the questions were stupid. The order of Henry VIIIs wives, the architect of the Tower of London, Cromwell's favourite meal...... who the **** knows all that?
    Presumably there is a recommended text for those applying for such a test?

Why did you take this test? Are you applying to be a Brit?

Presumably there is a recommended text for those applying for such a test?

Why did you take this test? Are you applying to be a Brit?
    A friend is taking it so I was helping him. It isn't that easy. I would guess that your average mong would not have a hope in hell of passing it. What percentage of people under 30 know that the Queen is the Head of the C of E? I bet it is horrifyingly low.