Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Talking of students, it seems rather a lot of them voted twice for Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Oh I meant it. I just meant it as a joke.

Of course, I don't think anybody should be allowed to vote. Its expensive and a waste of time.
    Right. And it also encourages politicians.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I would do C every time. Get in!
    I'll bet you wouldn't have when you first got here, though. You'd have gone 'A', wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So, not content with trying to place this country's future in the hands of a bunch of communists, the youth also seem happy to reduce our level of electoral integrity to that of a banana republic.

These people cannot be trusted with the vote - raise the voting age to 30.
    Pointless. After all, it's the over-30s that failed to raise all these young idiots right in the first place.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I'll bet you wouldn't have when you first got here, though. You'd have gone 'A', wouldn't you?
    Yeah, probably.

There should be a question about how to get served in pubs. 'You are at the bar, 20 quid note in hand. There are three other people there who arrived at similar times - how do you ensure you get served most quickly without starting a fight?'

A: When the barman asks 'Who's next?', say 'ME!' and start ordering before anyone can object
    B: Look at your various rivals and shrug as if to say you're not sure
    C: Point to one of your rivals and say "I think this gentleman/lady was before me"

Only the person answering 'C' would be allowed into the country, as they have learned the dark arts of passive/aggressive Britishness.
    A makes you an arsehole. B, you shouldn't be in a pub.

What about a 'quick little eyebrows'?

Where do you stand on folding the 20 quid note lengthways between two fingers?

A makes you an arsehole. B, you shouldn't be in a pub.

What about a 'quick little eyebrows'?

Where do you stand on folding the 20 quid note lengthways between two fingers?
    Eyebrows is intermediate level Britishness. Not fair to ask them to run before they can walk.

The brandishing of the note is a vexed question. It must be conspicuous enough to let them know you're waiting, but not so ostentatious that you come across as a wânker.

There should be a question about how to get served in pubs. 'You are at the bar, 20 quid note in hand. There are three other people there who arrived at similar times - how do you ensure you get served most quickly without starting a fight?'

A: When the barman asks 'Who's next?', say 'ME!' and start ordering before anyone can object
    B: Look at your various rivals and shrug as if to say you're not sure
    C: Point to one of your rivals and say "I think this gentleman/lady was before me"

Only the person answering 'C' would be allowed into the country, as they have learned the dark arts of passive/aggressive Britishness.
    D: One asks to see the manager and explains, quietly and without fuss, that one has waited at the bar. The matter is then rectified.

Eyebrows is intermediate level Britishness. Not fair to ask them to run before they can walk.

The brandishing of the note is a vexed question. It must be conspicuous enough to let them know you're waiting, but not so ostentatious that you come across as a wânker.
    what if you go for C and at the end of that transaction the barman falls for someone else trying A?

What is the british response?

what if you go for C and at the end of that transaction the barman falls for someone else trying A?

What is the british response?
    This has literally never happened to me in 30 years of pub-going. Allowing one person to go before you is guaranteed to ensure you are served next. It never fails due to a/ the fact that you're a good egg and thus deserving of service and b/ the heavy implication that you are absolutely sure that you're next in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    D: One asks to see the manager and explains, quietly and without fuss, that one has waited at the bar. The matter is then rectified.
    I'm sure you remember pubs. I've been in one with you...oh, years ago. You wait at the bar and they serve you. It works quite well.