Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talking of students, it seems rather a lot of them voted twice for Labour.

Talking of students, it seems rather a lot of them voted twice for Labour.

So, not content with trying to place this country's future in the hands of a bunch of communists, the youth also seem happy to reduce our level of electoral integrity to that of a banana republic.

These people cannot be trusted with the vote - raise the voting age to 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So, not content with trying to place this country's future in the hands of a bunch of communists, the youth also seem happy to reduce our level of electoral integrity to that of a banana republic.

this claim should be fully investigated, imo.

and anyone found voting twice should have their gender ripped into small pieces, liquidised and discharged into the oceans. that'll learn 'em.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Adults who choose to remain at school.

Two years in the army would sort them out.

Labour MP Cat Smith, shadow minister for voter engagement and youth affairs, urged the government to be cautious when introducing any measures that could hinder voting.

too late for a stewards inquiry though...already lost on Betfair with this election.

Kind of glad tbh first vote I've done bad in and it was a stitch up

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Labour MP Cat Smith, shadow minister for voter engagement and youth affairs, urged the government to be cautious when introducing any measures that could hinder voting.

This would be the same Labour that vehemently opposes the restriction of postal voting because of its abuse by largely pro-Labour constituencies with high south Asian populations. I wonder if there's a theme?

Labour - the party of electoral fraud.

This would be the same Labour that vehemently opposes the restriction of postal voting because of its abuse by largely pro-Labour constituencies with high south Asian populations. I wonder if there's a theme?

Labour - the party of electoral fraud.
    The party of unsubstantiated allegations of electoral fraud.

What of Conservative Party electoral expenses?

The educated deserve two votes. They know twice as much as the morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The educated deserve two votes. They know twice as much as the morons.
    This is the sort of thing that the opponents of the Chartists used to say in the the 'good old days' of the 19th century when only educated men of property were allowed to vote, because the working class were considered to be ignorant scum.

And knowing twice as much about what, btw? Media studies? Or how to get by on a low income and a life of low opportunity.

With Toniblairites, who needs Tories, eh?

Disclaimer: Peter, I don't for a moment believe you actually meant that.

This reminds me of when Jorge demanded that no-one over the age of about 50 should be allowed to vote, because there was more chance that they might disagree with him.