Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When and where will all this stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I keep seeing people on Twitter suggesting that Brexit could be the cause of a civil war. It seems to me that in the event of any such conflict, the side supporting government policy, viz Leave, would get the police and Army on their side, whilst the rebels would have to rely on A C Grayling and an army of SJWs.

In any conflict between the Parachute Regiment and a group of Ian Harveys, I know who's favourite.
    I was hoping at least during this phase of the United Kingdom a whole new genre of rock music.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No, no. I hear that there is increasing resistance to leftist orthodoxy amongst undergraduates.
    A ray of hope, perhaps.

One suspects that attitudes are now too extreme to be rolled back to somewhere sensible. It is currently considered perfectly reasonable that a man who thinks he is a woman is entitled, rather than mentally ill. Just consider how far from reason we have come, and what it would take to reverse all this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I was hoping at least during this phase of the United Kingdom a whole new genre of rock music.
    I believe it is called 'Grime' and it consists of a chap in an ill-fitting tracksuit shouting swear words rhythmically into a microphone.

Welcome to 2017.

A ray of hope, perhaps.

One suspects that attitudes are now too extreme to be rolled back to somewhere sensible. It is currently considered perfectly reasonable that a man who thinks he is a woman is entitled, rather than mentally ill. Just consider how far from reason we have come, and what it would take to reverse all this nonsense.
    In the good old days we wouldn't have had sweaty Canadian's thinking they know something about football... now all we get is them spouting all sorts of rubbish thinking that it is correct.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I believe it is called 'Grime' and it consists of a chap in an ill-fitting tracksuit shouting swear words rhythmically into a microphone.

Welcome to 2017.
    They can get ****ed I will bring back rock.

Though I am having a crisis as I can not master one of Slash's Licks

Well with just a little bit of luck the few kids who haven't been fully brainwashed by our Marxist 'educators' will rebel against the inevitable and growing authoritarianism of the left and reach out for the decent conservative values which one made this country a place of which one could be proud.
    I was thinking more of discovering Dylan and weed. It is a sorry state of affairs if teenagers are embracing decent conservative values.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I was thinking more of discovering Dylan and weed. It is a sorry state of affairs if teenagers are embracing decent conservative values.
    That is the only rebellion left to anyone in a world where post-modernist wànk and mendacious equivocation deliberately set out to destroy the very concept of inherent value.

A ray of hope, perhaps.

Student bodies are largely focused on PC bull**** and gender nonsense. For example, for years we have had to ensure a gender balance on our committees. Now we cant because it involves making assumptions about people's gender, eg Dave is clearly a bloke.

The 'Women's Network' is having to be renamed as the gender-specific title might exclude some confused weirdos.

They voted Labour because Corbyn offered them a free ride. Not difficult to work out. They don't have a ****ing clue about politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That is the only rebellion left to anyone in a world where post-modernist wànk and mendacious equivocation deliberately set out to destroy the very concept of inherent value.
    You bring me down, man

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You bring me down, man
    I blame the educators.