Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reviewer feels it necessary to mention the lack of women and 'people of color' in

Reviewer feels it necessary to mention the lack of women and 'people of color' in

film about...DUNKIRK.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ion/482574001/

The world's gone mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    film about...DUNKIRK.

The world's gone mental.
    But no mention of the glaring lack of trans and genderfluid Muslims?

This film is a fúcking disgrace!

The Guardian's review has some nice anti-UK Guardianisms btl

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    But no mention of the glaring lack of trans and genderfluid Muslims?

This film is a fúcking disgrace!

The Guardian's review has some nice anti-UK Guardianisms btl
    I liked the fact that the reviewer couldn't stop himself from shoehorning in a mention of Brexit.

They really are such predictable twāts.

film about...DUNKIRK.

The world's gone mental.
    Surely there was room for a bit of 1940's totty, and a token black character? It is a Hollywood war film. I'm guessing the US Marine Core features quite heavily?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Surely there was room for a bit of 1940's totty, and a token black character? It is a Hollywood war film. I'm guessing the US Marine Core features quite heavily?
    The funny thing is that it will almost certainly flop in the states due to not involving any Americans. They don't like to be reminded there was a Second World War before they pitched up.

The funny thing is that it will almost certainly flop in the states due to not involving any Americans. They don't like to be reminded there was a Second World War before they pitched up.
    Just call it a 'prequel to Pearl Harbour', they'll love it.

A Second World War that we were losing before they turned up. I think we can sell them that.

I always had great fun in the States reminding them that Stalin defeated Hitler. Much foaming at mouth

film about...DUNKIRK.

The world's gone mental.
    Here is an absolute classic Guardian reader Could it be jorge?

"The problem with historical war and religious films is that the stories present a narrative that is often untrue and misleading. In the case of WW2, historical evidence proves the UK was instrumental in provoking the war, after Hitler had sought peace and agreement with Poland. Britain interfered and ensured the poles didn't make any agreement with Germany, which resulted in the war. That said, Nolan is a terrific filmmaker and no doubt the film will stand out for technical excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    A Second World War that we were losing before they turned up. I think we can sell them that.

I always had great fun in the States reminding them that Stalin defeated Hitler. Much foaming at mouth
    The Allies defeated Hitler. Stalin had the luxuries of being able to trade space for time, the Russian weather, and almost unlimited manpower, but without the material assistance of the allies providing equipment and tying up German forces on other fronts, he would probably have been fúcked.

But you knew that, didn't you? And I've just bitten

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

We were just about hanging on in there. Hitler had his hands full with Russia by then.