Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bairstow just holed out at mid-on when we were 84-4 chasing four hundred and plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They do give every impression of being a side who, if anything doesn't go their way, will simply give up because it's too hard. Too many players in that side who expect to be able to leave the hard yards to others (Cook, Root, Ali). And if those others don't come off, they seem to think that's a good excuse to give up.

Sir Geoffrey is FEWMIN!
    I do hope he has never watched the Arsenal play
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I can understand wanting the day off. I cant understand not wanting to bat for as long as you can. How can you not want to bat? Its the best feeling in the world
    Thinking about it though, if you're a professional player with all that money you make and the great life you have, why on earth would you want to bat all day; surely you could find better things to do, things which have rather alot less aggro attached, from supporters and social media and such.

Imagine being the thirtieth player on the Arsenal squad list. Perfect life. You turn up to train every day, you play a bit of football with the lads, a little gym work (highly tedious, of course, but many people love it) and then a spot of lunch. Knock off at four. There's no hassle because nobody knows who you are. There's no Montys jumping out at you demanding selfies, for example. And no trips to Elland Road and no forty thousand Yorkshiremen bantering you off. Nobody keying your flash new car because you had a bad game at Spurs. You also have a decent house, all paid off quickly, with all mod cons, the best holidays and even if you never get another pro contract, you walk away from the game practically made for life or just meander down the leagues.

I'm guessing this all applies to professional cricketers just the same.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I'm guessing this all applies to professional cricketers just the same.
    All true, but I don't know if professional cricketers are on the Arsenal payroll.