Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bairstow just holed out at mid-on when we were 84-4 chasing four hundred and plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Let's be honest, everything in cricket except batting is rubbish. It's the only bit worth turning up for.
    Anybody who enjoys fielding is a ****ing weirdo. Its the thing you have to do to get a bat.

Bowlers are just people who are **** at batting. But I like them. I couldn't bat without them (apart from bowling machines and that is a bit boring)

Let's be honest, everything in cricket except batting is rubbish. It's the only bit worth turning up for.
    You've clearly never pinned a batsman back with a sustained spell of short pitched bowling, only to pitch one up and watch the hesitant fool poke at a fuller one that nibbles away off the pitch to be snaffled at first slip. Bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    You've clearly never pinned a batsman back with a sustained spell of short pitched bowling, only to pitch one up and watch the hesitant fool poke at a fuller one that nibbles away off the pitch to be snaffled at first slip. Bliss.
    Mundane left arm spin doesn't lend itself to short pitched bowling unfortunately

I did once bowl three maidens in a row only to be called a 'boring ****' by my captain

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Mundane left arm spin doesn't lend itself to short pitched bowling unfortunately

I did once bowl three maidens in a row only to be called a 'boring ****' by my captain
    I'm a shít bowler, but did once find myself on a hat-trick despite bowling trundling slow-medium. First bloke nicked off, second was trapped in front. Third ball, I bowled a rank long-hop and was carted for four. Universal order was restored.

Even then, I thought bowling was shîte.

I'm a shít bowler, but did once find myself on a hat-trick despite bowling trundling slow-medium. First bloke nicked off, second was trapped in front. Third ball, I bowled a rank long-hop and was carted for four. Universal order was restored.

Oh, B! What a shame. You clearly let the pressure get to you.

I was a great net bowler. Everybody loved facing me. A british spinner (no spin), I once had a convincing lbw appeal against a left hander turned down because the umpire said 'it would have needed to turn and, lets face it, I've been watching you bowl'

I was a great net bowler. Everybody loved facing me. A british spinner (no spin), I once had a convincing lbw appeal against a left hander turned down because the umpire said 'it would have needed to turn and, lets face it, I've been watching you bowl'
    I'm sure you have a lovely flight, though. And that's more important than how much it turns, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm sure you have a lovely flight, though. And that's more important than how much it turns, after all.
    Nah, I just don't like it. I like a bowl in the nets but in matches it was horrible. There is always some aussie **** who wants to whack the ball straight back at you. ****ers. If I am going to have a cricket ball flying at me I want a ****ing bat in my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Norn Iron View Post
    84-4 chasing 400 is a bit like losing the first leg 5-1 to Bayern. He probably just wants it over with.
    I certainly think I understand that view.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

That said, Cook's dismissal was ridiculous.

THey had a chance today to show that they can build a test innings. They seem to have accepted defeat instead.

Pretty poor. I would have loved a bat in this situation. Like a dream come true
    Understand that view too.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."