Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Bairstow just holed out at mid-on when we were 84-4 chasing four hundred and plenty.

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Let's be honest, everything in cricket except batting is rubbish. It's the only bit worth turning up for.
    Anybody who enjoys fielding is a ****ing weirdo. Its the thing you have to do to get a bat.

    Bowlers are just people who are **** at batting. But I like them. I couldn't bat without them (apart from bowling machines and that is a bit boring)

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Let's be honest, everything in cricket except batting is rubbish. It's the only bit worth turning up for.
    You've clearly never pinned a batsman back with a sustained spell of short pitched bowling, only to pitch one up and watch the hesitant fool poke at a fuller one that nibbles away off the pitch to be snaffled at first slip. Bliss.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    You've clearly never pinned a batsman back with a sustained spell of short pitched bowling, only to pitch one up and watch the hesitant fool poke at a fuller one that nibbles away off the pitch to be snaffled at first slip. Bliss.
    Mundane left arm spin doesn't lend itself to short pitched bowling unfortunately

    I did once bowl three maidens in a row only to be called a 'boring ****' by my captain

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Mundane left arm spin doesn't lend itself to short pitched bowling unfortunately

    I did once bowl three maidens in a row only to be called a 'boring ****' by my captain
    I'm a sht bowler, but did once find myself on a hat-trick despite bowling trundling slow-medium. First bloke nicked off, second was trapped in front. Third ball, I bowled a rank long-hop and was carted for four. Universal order was restored.

    Even then, I thought bowling was shte.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm a sht bowler, but did once find myself on a hat-trick despite bowling trundling slow-medium. First bloke nicked off, second was trapped in front. Third ball, I bowled a rank long-hop and was carted for four. Universal order was restored.

    Even then, I thought bowling was shte.
    Oh, B! What a shame. You clearly let the pressure get to you.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm a sht bowler, but did once find myself on a hat-trick despite bowling trundling slow-medium. First bloke nicked off, second was trapped in front. Third ball, I bowled a rank long-hop and was carted for four. Universal order was restored.

    Even then, I thought bowling was shte.
    I was a great net bowler. Everybody loved facing me. A british spinner (no spin), I once had a convincing lbw appeal against a left hander turned down because the umpire said 'it would have needed to turn and, lets face it, I've been watching you bowl'

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I was a great net bowler. Everybody loved facing me. A british spinner (no spin), I once had a convincing lbw appeal against a left hander turned down because the umpire said 'it would have needed to turn and, lets face it, I've been watching you bowl'
    I'm sure you have a lovely flight, though. And that's more important than how much it turns, after all.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm sure you have a lovely flight, though. And that's more important than how much it turns, after all.
    Nah, I just don't like it. I like a bowl in the nets but in matches it was horrible. There is always some aussie **** who wants to whack the ball straight back at you. ****ers. If I am going to have a cricket ball flying at me I want a ****ing bat in my hand.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Norn Iron View Post
    84-4 chasing 400 is a bit like losing the first leg 5-1 to Bayern. He probably just wants it over with.
    I certainly think I understand that view.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That said, Cook's dismissal was ridiculous.

    THey had a chance today to show that they can build a test innings. They seem to have accepted defeat instead.

    Pretty poor. I would have loved a bat in this situation. Like a dream come true
    Understand that view too.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

    "But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •