Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So we're apparently LOANING out Mustafi to Inter.

So we're apparently LOANING out Mustafi to Inter.

This truly is a new era of banter from Arsene.

This is just about the most disgraceful football business decision in our recent history. After being fed a litany of financial responsibilitiy for years we basically spend £35 million pounds and, a year on when prices have exploded even further, loan him abroad so that his value will gradually diminish to nothing.

And no-one is responsible for this of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    This is just about the most disgraceful football business decision in our recent history. After being fed a litany of financial responsibilitiy for years we basically spend £35 million pounds and, a year on when prices have exploded even further, loan him abroad so that his value will gradually diminish to nothing.

And no-one is responsible for this of course.
    I'm going to cling to the hope that it's because his family wants out and not that it's anything football related.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I'm going to cling to the hope that it's because his family wants out and not that it's anything football related.
    I respect that. But he has a contract and we paid a lot of money for him and that can only be recovered by selling him, not loaning him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I respect that. But he has a contract and we paid a lot of money for him and that can only be recovered by selling him, not loaning him.
    Absolutely, a loan deal for a player we paid 35m for is an absurdity. We loan on the basis that we don't actually want them and they can't be shifted, or for young players who need experience. If he wants out for personal reasons, I understand that, but like you I think he has to be sold and a replacement sought.

It's a ****ing shambles tbh...

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    'Catalyst for change' we were told. We were not told that missing out on the CL meant that we didn't have a pot to piss in when it comes to transfers.

It must mean we have someone coming in. VVD, Seri and Draxler is the only thing that'll appease me. And that shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility given that Ox is off to Chelsea as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    'Catalyst for change' we were told. We were not told that missing out on the CL meant that we didn't have a pot to piss in when it comes to transfers.

It must mean we have someone coming in. VVD, Seri and Draxler is the only thing that'll appease me. And that shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility given that Ox is off to Chelsea as well.
    The only people coming in are the bailiffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    you wouldn't even be surprised would you

the club is run by clowns

Big fan of Seri?

So long as you're appeased, Rich, that is the most important thing.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman