Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bairstow just holed out at mid-on when we were 84-4 chasing four hundred and plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They do give every impression of being a side who, if anything doesn't go their way, will simply give up because it's too hard. Too many players in that side who expect to be able to leave the hard yards to others (Cook, Root, Ali). And if those others don't come off, they seem to think that's a good excuse to give up.

Sir Geoffrey is FEWMIN!
    I can understand wanting the day off. I cant understand not wanting to bat for as long as you can. How can you not want to bat? Its the best feeling in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I can understand wanting the day off. I cant understand not wanting to bat for as long as you can. How can you not want to bat? Its the best feeling in the world
    Let's be honest, everything in cricket except batting is rubbish. It's the only bit worth turning up for.

Let's be honest, everything in cricket except batting is rubbish. It's the only bit worth turning up for.
    Oooh, I bet you wouldn't dare have said that most of cricket is rubbish if Jorge were here.

I expect you're just saying that as Rich is about.

They do give every impression of being a side who, if anything doesn't go their way, will simply give up because it's too hard. Too many players in that side who expect to be able to leave the hard yards to others (Cook, Root, Ali). And if those others don't come off, they seem to think that's a good excuse to give up.

Sir Geoffrey is FEWMIN!
    I do love how you love Moeen, b

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Oooh, I bet you wouldn't dare have said that most of cricket is rubbish if Jorge were here.

I expect you're just saying that as Rich is about.
    Oh, I only mean from a playing point of view. Fielding is shït and I can't believe bowling can actually be enjoyable - not that I do it myself, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I do love how you love Moeen, b
    He's an elegant batsman and has made a lot of vital knocks in tricky circumstances. He also takes wickets. He has my respect as a cricketer.

He's an elegant batsman and has made a lot of vital knocks in tricky circumstances. He also takes wickets. He has my respect as a cricketer.
    Hopefully cast off any aspersions that he is a bit of a luxury in the team

Hopefully cast off any aspersions that he is a bit of a luxury in the team
    If you want to look at luxuries in that side, I'd say a guy with 100+ wickets and 2000+ runs (usually batting with the tail) isn't where I'd start.

I can think of four players who need to go and none of them is Ali. I also think young Stokes might want to find a few performances pretty damn quickly.

If you want to look at luxuries in that side, I'd say a guy with 100+ wickets and 2000+ runs (usually batting with the tail) isn't where I'd start.

I can think of four players who need to go and none of them is Ali. I also think young Stokes might want to find a few performances pretty damn quickly.
    I would swap Stokes and Moeen in the batting order for a start

I would swap Stokes and Moeen in the batting order for a start
    Definitely. Although I'm not sure I wouldn't put Moeen up where Bairstow is.